Green Tortoise Hostel

Green Tortoise Hostel Rates and Deals

Green Tortoise Hostel Seattle Reviews

JimLNA JimLNA
Green Tortoise - Seattle Jun 08, 2011
Great time! So, it was expensive, but that's too be expected in the U.S. -- even for a hostel. The upside was the great value for the price: Open mic night, free concert, free comedy show and the staff was great. I seriously had a wonderful time here!
lynda01 lynda01
great hostel in Seattle Jul 09, 2011
my roommate and i drove to Seattle from Vancouver (Canada) and our other roommate suggested we stay at the Green Tortoise Hostel - i didn't really know what to expect because im pretty picky with where i sleep but was happy when we got there because its the perfect location...right in downtown on Pike Pl so very close to the market, they offer free brekkie and a free dinner on sundays, you get alot of storage space for your bags and a curtain for your bed which was extremly convenient since i was in a room with 5 boys! the staff are friendly and they offer some fun sight seeing options and a pub crawl.
DanTheMan07 DanTheMa…
Great Location Jul 08, 2011
Great location right across the street fromPikes market. Clean and friendly staff. Some of the dorm rooms were smaller than others so hope you get a good one. WiFi. Free dinner and Breakfast on certain days. Kitchen to cook in and parking garage close by that they validate for small discount.
skydiver skydiver
A cool place to stay in Seattle Jul 29, 2008
My American friend at whose place I stayed in San Francisco recommended me the Green Tortoise Hostel when I decided to make a trip north to Seattle. The location of this hostel is more then good as it's directly in the downtown close to Seattle's main attractions. Some discounts are applicable on dormitory beds depending if you book online or stay at least for 4 nights. What's great is the free breakfast and free dinner three times a week whi was really good. The dormitory room I shared with a couple of other guys was a bit small, haven't seen the other rooms though. This hostel is really a place where you can make new friends easily, either during the meals or just by hanging around in the common area.
tjxu97 tjxu97
A hostel near it all! Oct 21, 2008
This place is IDEALLY located on the corner of Pike and 1st Avenue, right across the street from the world famous Pike Place Market.

It really is an awesome location!

A wonderful commons area, that is very lively.

Showers are semi-private and very nice.

Beds are big and room and have the curtains, which is a big plus. Something the Hostelling International places do not (at least Honolulu and Vancouver didn't).

It does get a bit rowdy at night outside and in the commons room. Plus, I was in a co-ed room and had 2 chicks below me who couldn't have been any louder if they tried. Everyone else was great. Maybe I was just unlucky? I enjoyed my stay anyway.

Watch the fish fly and grab a Starbuck's coffee from the original shop just down the street.

Related Travel Blogs About Green Tortoise Hostel

The Pike Markets
The Green Tortoise Hostel is everything a backpacker could hope for.  A large warm airy bedroom with bench space and a sink.  A kitchen with 4 commercial stove tops, two commercial glass do…Green Tortoise Hostel is everything a backpacker could hope for.  A large warm airy bedroom with bench space and a sink.  A kitchen with 4 commercial stove tops…
Drizzly city
An early morning to catch the bus -my fatigue did take over and so I missed a fair bit of the scenery but it was a pretty good trip as the bus was fairly empty. Upon arriving at the Seattle terminal…Seattle terminal I ran into two fellow travellers who were also coming to stay at the Green Tortoise Hostel -they…

Check Green Tortoise Hostel Rates and Deals