Green Temple

1700 S. Catalina Ave., Redondo Beach, CA, USA - 310-944-4525

Green Temple Redondo Beach Reviews

lisa lisa
Mar 29, 2007
The Green Temple is a vegetarian restaurant in Redondo Beach, one block away from the beach. It's one of my favorite restaurants of all time. As my rating says, if I had to choose one last meal, it just might be from here... The menu is nothing fancy, in fact it's just simple, wholesome, nurturing food. One of my favorite items is the Sproutada - a baked organic corn tortilla on the bottom, layered with black beans, melted cheese, brown rice, and enchilada sauce, then topped with a huge mountain of red leaf lettuce, sprouts, sprouted beans, tomatoes, and shredded carrots. I get the creamed tofu dressing on the side instead of their tahini dressing. Their tofu dressing, a blend of tofu, herbs, and spices, is incredible. I buy a small container of it sometimes so I can make Green Temple meals in my own kitchen! Another of my favorites is the 4 Bowl, where you get to create your own meal using 4 of their ingredients, topped with their creamed tofu. I always ask for brown rice, black beans, steamed veggies, and tofu. It comes steaming hot and is the perfect hearty meal. Their wraps and quesadillas are great too, as well as their homemade soups and sweet sprouted bread. On Sunday mornings, they have a wonderful breakfast menu. I got hooked on their organic fruit bowl topped with almonds and served with raw macadamia nut cream, and have been craving nothing else ever since.

Drinks are equally healthy. They have all natural ginger ale and root beer, hot apple cider, organic teas, and iced organic hibiscus water with a touch of maple syrup(yum).

The Green Temple is a real treat not only for your stomach but for the soul. The owners buy organic and local produce, use environmentally friendly products, and put their love and dedication into every aspect of their restaurant.

I feel so wonderful every time I eat here. It's a spiritual feeling. I can't explain it. I know I sound like a flower child freak, but if you are like me and enjoy wholesome, natural foods that are good for you and the environment, the Green Temple is a definite treat.

Love and Peace. (jk)
Eric Eric
Jan 27, 2007
A few of my vegetable loving friends who adore this place have taken me here a few times, and I've tried to keep a fairly open mind, but I can't figure out what all the hype is about. I've been here three times now, and each time the food has tasted somewhat flavorless and bland. The first time I came here I had the white lasagna, which seemed to lack that certain heartiness and rich cheese flavor you would expect to find in most lasagna. The second time I came here I got a broccoli bowl, which was covered in a tofu sauce. The tofu sauce wasn't bad, but I think there is only so much broccoli and tofu I can eat during one meal.Finally, I came here a third time. Since everyone raved about this place, I figured I should give it at least three chances. On the recommendation of a friend, I ordered a garden wrapped, which is a tortilla filled with vegetables, cheese, and salsa. This meal was by far the most satisfying meal I have had here, but again I would probably prefer something a bit heartier.The staff here are incredibly friendly. There is also an outdoor dining area in a small courtyard that is quite lovely. But no matter how many times I've tried, I just can't get too excited about the food here. With that said, I have yet to meet a vegetarian who doesn't like this place, so maybe it's just not for me...
lisa says:
where is the 'frown' button. i would give you 1 frown. :P
Posted on: Jan 31, 2007
spursbackpacker says:
ooo broccoli bowl does sound rather hmmmmm different.. not sure on the tofu sauce. and i like veggie food.
Posted on: Jan 29, 2007
ryrythegr8 says:
hahaha when i saw that you wrote a review of this place i had to comment. kudos for trying it three times...definitely gave it more chances than i did with un pocito mas. you are a trooper. but in dense of green temple, it is a place that whatever you order, you will not feel guilty eating afterwards (no grease swimming in your stomach) and in my opinon, tastey :)
Posted on: Jan 27, 2007