Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Hotel

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals

Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Hotel Tokyo Reviews

saltycoco saltycoco
Green Plaza Shinuku Capsule Hotel May 15, 2010
This capsule hotel is located in Shinjuku across and by Seibu Shinjuku Station. It was extremely hard to find since the building itself blended pretty well with its surroundings, furthermore there weren't any large signs to indicate that it's Green Plaza capsule hotel. But the location is perfect, near Kabukicho, JR Shinjuku station, and Studio Alta building, and may restaurants.

Before stepping on the floor, be sure to take off your shoes and put it in the locker provided. I checked in, the staff didn't speak any English, so it took a while, but afterwards they gave me a key to my locker, and which capsule bed number I was assigned for the night. The locker was very small, I don't think it can even fit a carry-on size luggage. I'm glad I only brought my small backpack with me.

However amnemities were provided, including pajamas which you wear while inside. They also have a bath area and a restaurant in the upper floors.

They had shampoos and soap in the bathing area with towels provided, as well as hair products, combs, and fragrances after you take a bath. I didn’t see any lotion or deodorant.

The capsule itself was really small, I don't think Kobe Bryant or Lebron James can fit inside. But it was big enough for me to sit up without hitting my head on the ceiling, as well as move around comfortably. The capsule has a small TV with at least 3 channels. I didn’t see any electrical outlet to plug in my electronics which was a disappointment.

I stayed for one night just for the experience only, and it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't stay in this type of hotel again, but I would highly recommend it if you plan to check it out. Make note that there isn't any space to store large luggage unless you have reception store it for you. No electrical outlets. And the taff barely speaks any English. I paid about 3500 yen or so for one night, which cost a bit more than a night in a hostel.

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals