Green House Hostel

4651 Avenida Exequiel Bustillo, Bariloche, Argentina
0294 444-2267
Green House Hostel - The view from the balcony
Green House Hostel - Loved it so much!
Green House Hostel - Our balcony
Green House Hostel - Our awesome, but messy room

Check Bariloche Hotel Deals

Green House Hostel Bariloche Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Amazing Hostel in Bariloche May 14, 2013
First thing that needs to be said about this place is that the owner and his wife(girlfriend?) are amazing. They do everything to make you welcome, although they are a bit quiet I found. We were there during low low low season and there wasn't much activity around the hostel, but it was still super nice. I felt like I was staying at a ski house they way they have it set up. Such a nice, small hostel feeling.

The rooms are fantastic, I got a bit nosey and went into unoccupied rooms around the hostel. Loved them all, even the dorms are nice. My mom and I stayed in a private room, with two single beds and a balcony overlooking the lake. It was so nice. I could have stayed at that hostel for a long time, all the amenities you need and the views are spectacular.

The thing that must be highlighted is that this is NOT in the center of Bariloche, but I definitely think that is where it gets a lot of its charm. You need to take a bus from the center for about 5-10 minutes to get there, I can't remember what it cost, but it wasn't too expensive. I grant you it was a bit of a pain in the cold nights, but I really loved the hostel. As long as you can decipher where to stop you should be fine - that's if you don't speak Spanish and can't have a conversation with the bus driver to make sure he drops you off. It's on the road to the look out and to where all those boat cruises around the lake go, so that was convenient that it took off a bit of travel time from those. Also relatively close to three grocery stores, 1 walk able, the other two not so much, but they are on your way so you can jump off and back on the bus. Again, when it's cold though, it majorly sucks.

Overall, this place was unlike any other hostel I have stayed at. I felt like it was my home and we only stayed for I think four days. The owner also drove us to the airport for half the price that a cab would have cost, and it's a pretty far drive, so we were stoked about that! Even if our flight was delayed 4 hours.
Our awesome, but messy room
Our balcony
The view from the balcony
d2amy says:
Thanks everyone!
Zagnut66 says:
Cingrats on being featured!
diisha392 says:
Congrats on your feature!

Check Bariloche Hotel Deals