Green Eggs and Ham

Green Eggs and Ham Rates and Deals

Green Eggs and Ham Berlin Reviews

benti99 benti99
Stay away Oct 12, 2009
The location in Berlin-Mitte is perfect, many sights are close by and good nightlife is in walking distance (Oranienburger Str., Hackescher Markt). The apartment is spacious and clean. Here ends the pro-list.

When we arrived on Fri evening, the hassle started as the person we called by mobile took about half an hour to organize the correct room key - this already shows how unorganized the place is. There are 4 rooms in the apt, how hard can it be to put tags with A, B, C, D on the keys? Then, she wanted money right away and it was agreed upon that we get 7 Euro down for the key hassle. The concept of getting a receipt as proof of payment was not understood, so I said OK, if I can get the receipt not until tomorrow morning from the manager, I'll pay then. No way, the "manager" was called. The immediate suggested solution to the problem was that we could simply leave - he obviously doesn't want you (but you are welcome to leave your money).

In the end, we ended up paying the next morning anyway to that "manager", who of course canceled the 7 Euro-deduction his worker agreed to the night before. It was also affirmative that there's no way to store our luggage after check-out on the day we leave. He told us that he himself traveled a lot and knew how things worked, period. Judging from his behavior, this can mean two things: A) He's simply lying, or B) he traveled and hasn't learned a thing. Because this is definitely NOT the way things run, wherever you go. Not being able to leave the luggage was a definite first for me, we had to use the expensive lockers at the station.

For that intolerant, unacceptable and small-minded wacko who calls himself "manager" I advise you to stay away from this place.
Malena23 Malena23
a wonderful hostel for couples Jul 01, 2008
Me and my boyfriend spent a 2 days at Green Eggs and Ham and we really liked the hostel.

The hostel doesn't have 24 hour reception, so we called the owner who came to open the door for us. She seemed very sweet and gave us a few tips what to see in Berlin.

The place didn't seem like a typical tourist hostel with with narrow corridors, bright lights and bunk beds, but more like an apartment building that was turned into a hostel. The lovely wall and ceiling decorations as well as the spacious living room made us feel almost at home.

We booked a double bedroom, which was spacious and bright thanks to the big windows. It was decorated with warm colours, which created a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Also the beds were really comfortable, I don't remember sleeping that well for a long time.

The location was also good - it is located close to U-Bahn station Oranienburger Tor line U-6, which isn't very far from the Berlin mitte.
ConorEoinNolan ConorEoi…
Nov 13, 2007
Quaint, warm and well renovated interior. Great breakfast and fantastic value.

Check Green Eggs and Ham Rates and Deals