Green Discovery (Eco Tourism) Champassak

Unit 47, Pakse, Laos

Green Discovery (Eco Tourism) Champassak Pakse Reviews

traceyirish traceyir…
Treetop Explorer Nov 16, 2011
The treetop adventure tour is 3 days/2 nights in the "jungle hotel" about an hours drive south of Pakse. We paid $250 total.

the mini bus will collect you from the Green Discovery office in Pakse city, where you can leave your large luggage safely. You then get dropped off in a village in the middle of the coffee growing area, where you get your gear for zip-lining.

Now, I'm a chicken s**t and I didn't zip-line. Its about an hours hike to where the zip-lining started, but I had to hike on another hour and a half to the "jungle hotel".

Its a beautiful area; there's a waterfall just a minutes walk from the main cabin (for al fresco showering) but there are showers and a bathroom on site.

I slept down at the main cabin, but there are tree houses that you have to zip line into to sleep also.

All meals are supplied, but bring as much bottled water as you can, otherwise you'll be drinking boiled stream water, which is distinctly smoky!

The people who did go zip lining also visited two waterfalls and did a 400m zip line! I slept and did soduko!
All geared up
Martina ready to zip
Hi-ho, hi-ho
Lunch al fresco
traceyirish says:
Gosh! That's such bad luck, I hope you're all okay now! We were very lucky that nothing bad happened our group.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2013
laurentat says:
My three friends and I decided to do the Green Discovery zip line tour out of Pakse in Laos along with a family. Within seconds of us all arriving on the last platform, several bees started attacking us. Both guides left quickly across the zip. We ended up getting stuck dangling a little under fifty metres from the ground along with the hundreds of bees that followed.

Two of my friends and I experienced anaphylactic reactions and shock for the next three hours. We were vomiting, hysterical, had difficulty breathing and were unable to stand without help. Despite Green Discovery's website stating that " [their] guides are internationally trained in first aid," there was no first aid box and looking back, there was no understanding what so ever in treating the basic signs of shock or anaphylaxis.

Our refund was a big effort to get back too. I guess we costed them a lot.

By no means is this a way to undermine Green Discovery as a whole, but rather show that during our particular experience there was no evacuation plan, no first aid training or resources and no rescue training on a zip line. We are aware that these circumstances are extremely unlucky but we feel that it could have been prevented if the platforms were securely checked before arriving. Furthermore, we picked this company as we felt confident in there overall message on there website boasting there "100% safety record," the activities they had to offer and that this is in fact a French owned company with appropriate safety standards. We can only hope that after this event has occurred the company will take these situations seriously by becoming more thorough in emergency procedures, provide the adequate training for their guides and actually perform the skills promised to their customers.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2013