Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki

Cll de la Estrella 4-47, Cartagena, Colombia
313-7077827
Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki - Just took a bite off my gyro...yummy!
Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki - Assorted ice cream flavors at Paradiso
Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki - Inside the restaurant
Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki - Next door is the Paradiso
Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki - The owner of restaurant at entrance

Grecia Cafe Y Suvlaki Cartagena Reviews

Cho Cho
Authentic Greek Cuisine Jun 21, 2015
The first time I had Greek food was a couple of years ago in Florida in a town called Tarpon Springs, and I really liked it. Actually, I was in Greece many years ago (but only in transit) and managed to take a few hours quick tour of Athens. Didn't have the chance to try the local food then. Well, on our last evening in Cartagena while we were walking around looking for a place to have dinner, we found this small restaurant by chance.

So, without any hesitation we went inside and was welcomed by the proprietor himself, a bona fide Greek man who spoke excellent English and Spanish.

As mentioned above, the place is quite small with seating for about fourteen to sixteen people. There were only 3 or 4 diners when we were there, but the ambiance was definitely Greek with a large banner of Greece on the wall, and a big TV screen flashing lovely images of Greece. Piped Greek music added to the atmosphere.

To come to the food, a variety of dishes were available on the menu. We both ordered a beef gyro each which came with a salad. It was very fresh and good value for money too. In fact, I noticed that all the items listed on their menu were reasonably priced.

The owner/manager was very friendly and came over to the table to ask whether we found the food agreeable. He was quite surprised and pleased when we told him we had been to his country before. I told him that I was also surprised to find a Greek restaurant in a South American city!

Just next door is an ice cream parlor called Paradiso where we had dessert. I read somewhere that Barack Obama himself said the best ice cream he has ever had was from this place. So, after a delicious meal at Cafe Y Suvlaki, be sure to take a few steps to sample the ice cream at Paradiso too!
Inside the restaurant
Just took a bite off my gyro...yum…
The owner of restaurant at entrance
Next door is the Paradiso
Cho says:
Yes, the ice cream place.
Posted on: Jun 21, 2015
spocklogic says:
I seem to recall that Obama story too - was this place, eh?
Posted on: Jun 21, 2015