Great Wall Szechuan House

(202) 797-8888

Great Wall Szechuan House Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Poor service and expensive lunch Sep 20, 2012
I stopped here for lunch in May 2012 cause I didn't have a lot of time. I found a really close parking spot and there was ample seating (or it was empty).

I sat in a nice and clean restaurant and ordered curry chicken and some vegetable (served with rice). I asked if anything else was served with the chicken and the waitress said "no". I got my dish and it was slathered in peas and cubed carrots. It took a while to pluck them all out cause I'm a picky eater and have sensory issues about thinks I eat. By the time I was done, nearly a third of dish was lying on a side plate along with the yummy curry gravy.

The waitress eventually saw what I was doing, apologized and offered to bring out an egg roll just for me! I guess I shouldn't mock her. Although it was only an egg roll, at least she apologized and offered something (which is more than nothing).

The meal was too much ($11 in DC for lunch is too much) and the service was poor. There is not need for me to eat there again (even if I were in the neighborhood).

Check Washington Hotel Deals