Great Residence Suvarnabhumi Hotel

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Great Residence Suvarnabhumi Hotel Bangkok Reviews

yoanna87 yoanna87
Affordable hotel close to the airport Aug 14, 2012
The hotel is located close to the Suvarnabhumi airport so is quite convenient if you want to relax for few hours before your next flight. I booked a single deluxe room with round trip airport transfer. I had to wait a bit at the airport but eventually someone from the hotel showed up and took me to the hotel.

The room was quite nice and big. I had everything I needed - big comfortable bed, TV, fridge, mini bar... The bathroom was also ok.

There is a small swimming pool available for the guests but I was really disappointed with the size of it as the pictures they put on the Internet suggested it was much bigger. Thankfully I was the only one using it so it wasn't that bad.

There is also a restaurant but it was a bit difficult to order anything - I asked for a dish, they didn't have it. I asked for a dessert, they didn't have it. I asked for a cup of tea, they couldn't make it for me!!! At the end I just ordered a can of drink and some kind of curry. The curry arrived very quickly so I guess it must have been microwaved for me but it was surprisingly delicious!!! However, as I later discovered there are some local restaurants nearby so you don't have to eat at the hotel if you don't want to. There's also 7-11 within walking distance and a great market with fresh fruit, food and other stuff. Recommended!

The service at the hotel was average and the staff expected to be tipped for nothing.

But thankfully my transfer to the airport was on time and I didn't have any problems with it.

All in all, my stay there was ok but I really expected more.
vishal_ says:
how much they charged you for room?
Posted on: Oct 05, 2012