Great Residence Hotel

Great Residence Hotel Rates and Deals

Great Residence Hotel Bangkok Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Cheap hotel near airport Mar 09, 2011
I booked this hotel as it is near the airport and easy to catch my flight to Kathmandu Nepal.

When I arrived in Bangkok airport, nobody pick me up and I have to ring the hotel from the tourist information booth and then they direct me to their pickup service. After 20 minutes waiting,their van turn up and then we drive to the hotel. The receptionist is fast and efficient and my room is ready. The room itself quite nice and bright with a small balcony facing the swimming pool and highway. Air condition, tv, etc. The mattrass is nice and comfortable (I should give a plus for this). However the restaurant food is so so. The taste has been modify to the western standard and not pure Thai taste anymore. The food and beverage is quite expensive compare with other place outside this area. You can easily spend the same money on the food as a room per night. It cost THB640 per night without breakfast and free transfer to the airport.

There is free wifi in the room but no connection in my room and even when I try to connect it from their computer room, the conection keep dropping out. You will have to pay to use their computer/internet services. There is a small swimming pool outside the hotel. Overall, it is quite good place to stay to catch your connection flight.
ariwardani ariwarda…
An adequate stay for the ones need to catch up an early flight on the next day. Mar 24, 2009
I have surveyed several hotels nearby the Suvarnabhumi Airport and finally I chose the Great Residence Hotel. As stated in their official site (, this hotel includes airport pick-up service. The guy who arrange the pick-up service was very handy. Since we came in a big group (5 adults, 2 children), we were split into 2 sedans. It took less than 5 minutes to reach the hotel from the airport. In front of the hotel, the bell boys were many (4 or 5 as I remember), all of them was ready to help us. After check-in, those bell boys (yes, those....not only one, as a normal practice in other hotels) quickly brought our heavy luggages through the stairs (note: there was no lift!) up to our rooms which were on the third floor. Because the bell boys were many, it made us a bit confused to whom we should give the tip. :)

The room is big. We ordered 2 standard triple rooms (each contains one double + one single bed). I booked the rooms online via their website but I chose not to made an online prepaid payment. It's because they charge 5% surcharge for a credit-card online transaction though the price is less if you do the prepaid payment. So, I paid cash when we check-in.

Everything is clean and new. TV channels were plenty though most of them were Thai's channels.

In the next morning, I felt like staying at my grandma's house in the rural of Central Java because a rooster, which apparently belongs to people living in a hut at the back of the hotel, kept making noises since 5 am. Basically, the wake-up calls from the hotel at 6 am gave no use to me since I already wake-up by the rooster.

Breakfast: you can choose to have it inside or outside the hotel. Yes, the breakfast is in the open air and it was a very fresh morning and I liked it. It came with western style: a fried egg, bacons, and sliced bread with a cup of tea or coffee. If you want to have other than this standard meal, you have to pay extra and it takes years for them to finish the order.

What made a big dissapointment was that they took us back to the airport not in two sedans anymore but packed us all in one single SUV together with all those luggages we had!!! I complained but the driver seemed reluctantly gave away another car for us I didn't know why. Because all we want to do was just to go to the airport as soon as possible, we pushed ourselves into that SUV. One seat next to the driver was occupied by 1 adult and 1 child. The third row seats was fulfilled with all of our luggages while 4 adults and 1 child sat on the second row seat which was supposed to be the seat for 3 adults maximum!.
Triple beds.
The bathroom. New and clean.
From different angle.

Great Residence Hotel Overview

Guests of the Great Residence Hotel will enjoy close proximity to area attractions. Within minutes of the hotel, guests will find such attractions as the Temple of the Dawn, China Town, the Chao Phraya River, Jim Thompson’s House Museum, and the Floating Market. A number of restaurants and shopping centers are just minutes from the accommodation as well. The airport is approximately 5 minutes from the hotel. A shuttle service is available to provide guests with transport to and from the airport and the hotel.

There are a total of 70 guestrooms available at the Great Residence Bangkok. Amenities of the guestrooms include air-conditioning, satellite television, work desks, private balconies, and private bathrooms with hairdryers.

A modern accommodation designed to provide for long and short term guests, the hotel includes a number of amenities. During their stay at the hotel, guests will be able to enjoy secretarial services, a restaurant, a café, and 24-hour reception. In addition, the hotel offers a bicycle rental service and a tour desk.

Great Residence Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Great Residence Hotel

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bangkok . From there, I would head to Auckland in New Zealand for some extreme sports (extreme Ironing anyone?) flowed by the cook Islands and Fiji finally heading to Australia…

Check Great Residence Hotel Rates and Deals