Great Aussie Food

Bargara, Australia

Great Aussie Food Bargara Reviews

ice4swervin ice4swer…
Great Aussie Food Feb 06, 2009
It is amazing how much I took food from my own culture for granted, so I'm going to share with everyone exactly what I've been enjoying about Australian Cuisine!

• Rump Steak - I haven't tasted steak from everywhere in the world, but one must think twice about it, the first steak I bought from the local supermarket was simply divine, cooked medium rare to well done... mmmm

• Mud Cake - At a cost of $AUD 5.88 who can go past this, so rich, so thick, so chocolatey (is that a word?) so indulgent... so bad!

• Kellogg's Nutri-Grain - The best breakfast cereal EVER!

• Chicken Kiev - I know this isn't Australian but I adore the Aussie ones, as you first cut into them with your knife the garlic butter just oozes out!

• Lamington - This is terrific, a simple sponge cake coated in chocolate and coconut and the cream filled ones are the best, not exactly great for diets, go on I dare you!

• Vegemite - Now I was able to get this OS, but it's worth mentioning, I NEVER travel without it - It is a sandwich spread which looks like grease, apparently tastes quite bad, but us Aussie's grow up on this stuff, definitely worth a try, even if it is just to say you did!

• Kraft Cheese singles with Vegemite - a must for a toasted sandwich!

• Chicken flavoured Chips (crisps) - I know these are available in other countries, but not in Holland where I spent most of my past 3 years

• Aeroplane Jelly - not the jam kind of jelly, just a dessert jelly, great with vanilla ice cream, my favourite flavour is raspberry! "I like Aeroplane Jelly... Aeroplane Jelly for me!"

• Tim Tams - a chocolate biscuit

• Mint Slice - another chocolate biscuit

• Keen's Traditional Curry Powder - sizzzzling

• Chicken Twisties - another chip, but worth mentioning separately

• Kangaroo Steak - Yes we eat this national animal - it's rich dark red meat, best cooked rare then it's mouth wateringly tender!

• ETA BBQ Sauce - great for the good old Aussie BBQ, a must actually!

• Meat Pies - These are great, a thin layer of pastry surrounding a mushy meat and gravy centre, can also be available in different meats, like chicken and with added extras, like cheese and bacon! Sometimes eaten with a good serving of tomato sauce

• Sausage Rolls - I know these are available in other countries, but I've yet to find ones better, to me the healthy portion of sausage inside makes them! Less pastry more meat I say!

• Fantales - Lolly with chewy caramel with a rich milk chocolate coating - and as a bonus the wrapper has a tid bit of Famous Persons Bio's, great for road trips and playing... Who am I?

That's it for a start, keep watching as I add more to the list!

Ok... more to this list... i think every time I go to the supermarket I see more things!!!

• The Great Aussie Hamburger - Oh this is a must, they come in many different varieties, but this is my favourite... Two large bread buns, preferably with seasame seeds, lightly fried on the grill, meat made with mince, with lightly fried onions, lettuce, shredded carrots and beetroot. YUM

• Chiko Roll - Now this is hard to describe, imagine a Spring Roll on steroids and you might be close, it's a vegetable filling encased in a crunchy pastry shell!

• Minties - These are a chewable mint, can be really fun for party games also!

• Dairy Milk Chocolate - This brand is amazing chocolate, comes in many different variations, it's marketed here being made with a glass and a half of full cream dairy milk in each 500 gram bar, yum!

• Sizzler - I knwo that isn't a food, but it is a Resaurant with food and my favourite one. It's an all-you-can-eat steak seafood and salad bar, priced well and with great food and worthy of a link on here... www.sizzler.com.au - my Favoruite is the Malubo Chicken, a chicken pattie topped with ham and mozzarella cheese, chicken soup and Potatoe bake with bacon and onion

More coming soon!!!
Vegemite
BBQ Sauce
Hamburger
ice4swervin says:
Aussie snags... on the BBQ at the beach... what a great idea, just did it last Monday!
Posted on: Feb 08, 2009
rotorhead85 says:
Found a great place in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, that has genuine Aussie snags! :P)
Posted on: Feb 06, 2009
Shunya says:
Wow! Than you need to write the detailed receipes for some of thems. :)
Posted on: Jan 28, 2009