Great American Rib Company

02 661 3801

Great American Rib Company Bangkok Reviews

amylaichareonsup amylaich…
Mediocre, overpriced food & patchy service Jul 18, 2015
Came here for a late lunch on Saturday with a friend. We're two American girls who have been abroad for a few years and we wanted to be reminded a bit of home. Great American Rib Company sounded like it would fit the bill nicely. We thought we'd be in for a real treat as we entered the spacious, airy venue. There was plenty of patio & indoor seating to choose from, a playground, and lots of greenery. We were greeted and asked whether we'd like to be seated indoors (with airconditioning) or outdoors and we opted to be sat inside.

A server showed up almost immediately and we placed our beverage order. She returned with our drinks a short time later and we proceeded to order our meal. My friend loved her apple margarita, by the way. We tried to place an order for the Half Feast to share but the kitchen was out of chicken for the platter so we had to make other selections. Both my friend and I had our hearts set on the jalapeño cornbread, so we ordered that, the chili, half a rack of beef ribs, mac n cheese, and buffalo wings.

The server took our order only to return minutes later with bad news: they were out of jalapeño cornbread. The cornbread was one of the main reasons we decided to dine here in the first place.

We ended up ordering garlic bread instead, which was decent tasting, but nothing to write home about. The buffalo wings were actually spot-on, with the perfect amount of crunchiness and ratio of sauce to chicken, served with blue cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks. The room temperature chili was probably delicious a week ago when it was made. We had to ask for it to be reheated because it wasn't hot to begin with. The beef ribs were crunchy and tough, tasted similar to beek jerky, and I wonder if they were nuked. The mac n cheese, while it bore an ever-so-slight resemblance to one of my favorite comfort foods, looked like a semi-solid piece of yellow and white plastic with oil seeping out from under it. The top and sides weren't browned like a properly made mac n cheese. It was bland and tepid and I think it had been sitting out for far too long before it was delivered to our table. First, no cornbread, then microwaved food. What a complete and utter disappointment!

While service was attentive at the beginning of our lunch, we could barely flag a server down halfway through our meal and there was one other table in the entire restaurant.

I was reading through some of the restaurant's reviews and I honestly wonder if some of them are real, candid opinions because my friend and I certainly didn't have a decent dining experience. At1600 odd baht for a meal for two, this place really needs to step up their game.

Not a satisfied customer :(