Grant Plaza Hotel

Grant Plaza Hotel Rates and Deals

Grant Plaza Hotel San Francisco Reviews

valkaryn valkaryn
Its a bed. Its in Chinatown. Apr 19, 2012
If you just need a bed, this is the place. It's not a flop house, but I will try all the other cheap hotels before I try this one again when I've got to do SF on the cheap!

When I arrived, the elevator had just busted down. The fire department was rescuing people from it. I'm a good sport though, so I lugged my own luggage up to the fifth floor. It never got fixed the weekend we were there. I am under the impression that its not an uncommon occurrence.

The parking garage was a huge hassle and several blocks away. After lugging up and down local hills, lugging up and down five stories worth of stairs, and hassling the damn parking garage. All I had energy left for was fighting with the radiator heater that was overheating the room and trying to figure out how to fit in the shower.

It was safe and cheap. So its not totally off my list. But, wow!
trippin_jen says:
Hahaha! What an experience
Posted on: Apr 20, 2012
SisterMidnight SisterMi…
Nice hotel at super location Jun 05, 2011
+ location: right in the heart of China Town

+ friendly staff

+ renovated bathroom with good shower

- the room where I stayed was kinda old and small

- no breakfast facilities in hotel

Conclusion: if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel at a convenient location: Grant Plaza is your accommodation!
British4Eternity British4…
Grant Plaza Hotel - Perfect for First Time Travlers Apr 21, 2008
For University students, this hotel is ideal. This is due to the fact that we spent very little time within our hotel. Though when you do spend time, it gives you the basic amenities that you need. We had probably the best room in the hotel on the top floor overlooking Chinatown. The location is fantastic! It's right in the middle of Chinatown and we were fully immersed in San Francisco with a cool Mandolin player right outside our window! Overall, everything was pretty average. The hotel staff are very nice and even helped me out at around 4 in morning when I needed a cab. For the price, you can't beat this! Perfect for first time travelers who can center themselves within this unique city with everything from the Trans America Building, Union Square and Public Transport within walking distance!
The view from our room
Another view from the room

Grant Plaza Hotel Overview

The Grant Plaza Hotel is centrally located at the gateway to Chinatown, just 3 blocks from Union Square shopping district, 1 block of the famous San Francisco cable cars, Nob HIll 5 stars Ritz Carlton Hotel and Financial District. It is recommended by many travel guidebooks as a best buy. Built in the 1920s, The Grant Plaza is best known for its charm, service and warm hospitality, and convenience to many popular sites in San Francisco. The Grant Plaza Hotel is the perfect place for a vacation getaway.

All rooms at the Grant Plaza Hotel are 100% non smoking. The Grant Plaza Hotel has recently installed new furnishings in all our guest rooms. All rooms non smoking. The Hotel offers free high speed internet access throughout the hotel. Parking is available at the rate of $24.85 per day, including in & out privileges.

Grant Plaza Hotel Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower