Granite Island Recreation and Nature Park

Granite Island Recreation and Nature Park - sunset
Granite Island Recreation and Nature Park - huge rocks

Granite Island Recreation and Nature Park Victor Harbour Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Come to see the penguins, rock formations and get an impressive view of the sea @ Granite Island Feb 02, 2011
When I was planing visiting Adelaide, my friend asked me if Victor Harbour was part of my list, but it wasn't. She didn't give me further details about the place until we were there, and I thank her so much for having taken me here.

If you don't have the time/money to visit Kangaroo Island, this is a great option. Granite Island is located a couple of hours outside from Adelaide, but it's easy to reach if you have your own car.

In order to visit it, you will cross the charming Victor Harbour town and then a long brige, where you can get a full view of the island.

There's no entrance fee! Unless you book a tour, but you can walk around by yourself. There are signs that will lead you.

As it name suggests, Granite Island is made of granite and was once connected to mainland. This island has survived the force of the ocean and the trees survive the force of the wind.

Take your time to walk around the island, climb and going down. Plenty of places to take pictures. I'll suggest to come by the end of the day, so you will be there for the sunset, which is gorgeous!

It gets windy, so bring a jacket and a flashlight, in case it gets dark.
map
Granite Island
lol

Compare Victor Harbor Hotel Rates (1.2km away)

Victor Harbour Map