Granite City

3330 Pilot Knob Rd, Eagan, MN, USA - (651) 452-4600

Granite City Eagan Reviews

pinchora pinchora
a little bit of heaven in salads Jun 13, 2008
So you know how either restaurants have either a very nice staff or a very rude staff...but nothing mixed together... well, this is the first restaurant where part of the staff was very nice and went out of the way to help or just thought we were an inconvenience.

When I walked in I was greated with a warm smile by the hostess and I told her 2 for the patio... I texted my friend to tell her to just say her name and there's a table on the patio of her. On her way there Abby got lost and the waiter at our table was very nice and got us good directions for her... she came in and told the hostess she was there for Julie and her name was Abby and she is on the patio... the woman gave her a blank stare... well, the patio's over there... she pointed in a direction of the wall (you have to go around the wall to get to the patio)... Umm... abby said... i've never been here so I don't know where the patio is. The woman seemed inconvenienced and stubbornly guided abby to the patio.

Then disaster came... it started to rain. We picked up our menues and drinks and headed inside... the waiter outside helping the other patrons bring up the umbrellas on their tables told us that we should get the next table available even if there's a wait. We go in the door... and try to get someone's attention... they are all ignoring us... talking amongst themselves... excuse me abby said... the waiter turned. Ummm... the guy out there said we can get a new table... it's starting to rain. Just go see the hostess we were sharply told... and we headed off. And then got a bizarre look from the hostess and she seemed sort of irritated as the place was starting to fill up.

We finally got a table... and we took our 2 beverages and menues over and sat down... this waiter was really nice... just like the first waiter and the first hostess!!! and time went fast because she got there around 6:15PM and we left around 8:45PM...

But I was craving a salad.... I'm a sucker for good salads... and let me tell you every one of their selections looke delicious! I ended up getting the chicken bruscetta salad and french onion soup because I already had the Brother Benedict Bock, "The Bennie", beer and it's a darker beer and I didn't think the others would taste good with it... well, one did look like it would match but it was expensive, the Honey Rosemary Tenderloin and Focaccia Salad... it was either the salad or the beer. All the other salads were a fruit base pretty much and dark beer and fruit wouldn't go to well together... it would've with a glass of wine. But Granite City is a Micro Brewery and they're known for their beers so I had to try it.

For dessert we split the dessert trio... which had pecan pie, strawberry cheese cake and a chocolate, caramel and pecan brownie.... all which were very delicious!

All in all I really recommend this restaurant... there are some in other states--North and south dakota, nebraska, kansas, missori, arkansas, iowa, wisconsin, illinois, indiana, and ohio... so if you're out and a bout check it out... get some great beer and wonderful food!!! But watch out, the service can go good or bad!
Granite City Brewery in Eagan, MN
my bruschetta salad at Granite Cit…
hklasek says:
I just had the chicken bruschetta salad the other night from Granite City. I'm hooked on it!
Posted on: Jun 20, 2008
RJ82 says:
haha yup service is really a gamble at places
Posted on: Jun 13, 2008