Grange St. Paul's Hotel

10 Godliman Street, London, United Kingdom

Grange St. Paul's Hotel Rates and Deals

Grange St. Paul's Hotel London Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Great Value, Great Location, just lacking on the small attention to detail Aug 12, 2016
My friend booked our two night stay directly with the hotel. We paid £350 between the three of us for the two nights and this included a continental breakfast both mornings. We arrived around 11pm on a Friday night and we were swiftly checked in with a friendly receptionist. We were informed of breakfast times, location of the spa, free wi-fi password and were told if we needed any recommendations during our stay to just ask reception. The mini bar in the room is automatically locked, so on arrival the receptionist asked if we would like the mini bar to be opened. We declined, but were informed should we change our mind to just inform them. A concierge was on hand if we needed help with our bags, which we didn’t as we only had hand luggage sized cases.

The room itself was huge with two king sized beds. However, the view was a little strange, we were directly looking out into the bar/breakfast room area. Unsure as to whether people could see in from downstairs we quickly closed the blackout blinds and curtains before changing!!! (Be aware that if you have one of these rooms, you can actually see into the room from the breakfast area – we checked the following morning as we had left our lights on.)

Bathroom was of good size, shower and bath facilities, though our shower did have a mind of its own with regards to the direction of the spray. Mirror was heated in one area so remained steam free. Complimentary dressing gowns, and toiletries were a nice touch.

Coffee/tea making facilities were available with a selection of normal and decaf coffee, breakfast tea/herbal tea (my friend asked reception if redbush tea was available, it was promptly left the next morning after maid service.) Bizarrely we had 3 mugs, but only two wine glasses (of different sizes) and NO teaspoons.

Breakfast was a bit of let-down to be honest. Our breakfasts as stated before were included in the price of our stay. We could have upgraded from our continental breakfast for a full English, personally the price was very steep (think it was over £20 pp) Continental choice was a selection of boxed cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, meats, breads, preserves and croissants, tea and coffee. I have to say that the waiting on staff seemed rather disinterested. On the Saturday we were promptly asked whether we'd like tea or coffee, informed waitress of our choice and waited a good ten minutes for a tea pot to appear (my friend waited even further after asking for redbush tea) My friend is also Gluten free and when she asked as to whether gluten free bread was available, the first waitress was unsure, the second waitress she asked said that she'd go and see. The third waitress said that she'd get some and returned with two pieces already toasted. The whole scenario took around twenty minutes, and given that my friend was expecting to toast her own bread, had to stop what she was eating to eat the toast before it cooled. The Sunday service was even worse, we waited over fifteen minutes for tea/coffee service I opted for coffee this morning and was poured one luke warm cup, didn't bother with another as I couldn't get anyones attention (they seemed very good at just walking around in their own little bubble). My friends again waited ages for a pot of tea. Teaspoons seem to be a rarity in this hotel as we had to ask for them again.

All in all the hotel is situated perfectly for the tube, The Southbank, and St Paul's Cathedral. If they pay attention to the smaller details then this hotel would really be worth the 5* status.

Would I stay here again - Yes, but I'd prefer not to have the breakfast option included as this is what let the whole experience down for us.
Front of hotel
jeminigirl says:
Indeed it was Paul!!!
Posted on: Sep 28, 2016
Paulovic says:
What an breakfast adventure!
Posted on: Sep 28, 2016
jeminigirl says:
It's a nice hotel though May, so they just need to sort out the finer details!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2016
Chokk Chokk
Great but expensive Mar 16, 2011
I was in London for a conference and the conference was held at Grange St Paul's Hotel near St. Paul’s Cathedral. I decided to stay at where the conference was held. I arrived at the hotel the day before the conference and I was quite happy to find London in sunshine. I had taken a taxi from Heathrow and that had set me back 80 pounds but it had been a nice was to re-visit London again. It had been some years since I had been there and staying above ground on the way into the hotel brought back loads of memories.

The hotel was quite expensive and I expected it to be a quite posh business hotel. I had not stayed in the St. Paul’s area before so I did not know what to expect of the restaurants and bars in the neighborhood and it would be quite nice to find out the following evenings.

The hotel was located in a rather small street and I had not seen it coming that such a large hotel was located there. The entrance was an enormous glass construction where. In the door two guys in high hats held the doors, so I could get to the reception. The reception quickly found my booking and I was given a room on the forth floor next to the elevators. The huge inner hall was really impressive and when I arrived there was a huge conference in the hotel and they had their breakaway. There were therefore loads of people in the hall but it didn’t really seem like that because of the magnitude of it.

The room was really nice and large in soft earth colors with brown and beige as the main. The room had windows facing the huge inner glass covered area in the middle of the hotel. The fact that the room was located so close to the elevators and the bridge from where you cross to each side of hotel made me not take the shades from the windows. I would have preferred a room further down the hall.

The room had a wonderful high and large bed in the middle and I was quite pleased with that fact. There was a small desk in the corner from where I could work. One thing that I during my stay irritated me was the quality of the Wi-Fi that varied too much. The bathroom was quite nice and nice in size.

I was all in all very pleased with my room during my stay. The room was quiet even though there were loads of people in the conference. The bar area was quite busy during the stay even I discovered that there were loads of nice bars in the area around St. Paul’s cathedral. I only used the hotel breakfast one morning but it was okay even though it was too pricy to my liking. It was a really nice hotel that I could use again but I found it too expensive compared to other nice hotels in the area.
The huge inside hall
Chokk says:
Posted on: May 29, 2014
vikasdivakar says:
your review is very helpful for us.
Posted on: May 29, 2014
Chokk says:
Yes, it was a nice posh place ;)
Posted on: Mar 03, 2013
CosmicTen CosmicTen
Five Star Modern Luxury Hotel Near the Financial District Jul 01, 2011
When I first read a review about The Grange it said, "Bit like staying in a Casino..." and they're weren't far wrong. Once you confer with the top hat and tailed door man you're greeted by pillars, video lit dropping snow flakes or coloured logos. It's insane to say the least, or the large screens in the lounge are as much a distraction.

I've now stayed at the Grange St. Pauls three times each with varying rooms. All rooms are kitted out with luxurious bedding, and if you book a double, the bed is so wide that stretching out star fish style, I still couldn't touch any of the edges. The room has floor to ceiling and very wide windows though this is where things varied between rooms. My first room was overlooking the inner court yard, i.e. inside the hotel so not the best view but nice to sit in the big-bother styled leather chair with a coffee and look out. Another room I had was overlooking the side street and up at St. Pauls Cathedral which was pretty cool, though be aware St. Pauls really does dong on the hour through the night. The last room I had was another court yard room but didn't have the room sized window but a smaller one which was less impressive.

The bathrooms are really super clean. Black sparkling glitter impregnated marble along the floor and walls level with the wet room styled shower with water jets from both the overhead chrome head and three blocks of jets coming from the wall. All your hygiene is catered for with a complimentary collection of Molten Brown products. You also get a bath sunken into the marble, massive wall mirror with a clever patch near the sink that never mists up and the best shaving mirror in world. The hotel also has 'female friendly' rooms as they put it, apparently extra shelving space in the bathroom amongst other things like cotton balls but I think that should apply to men. This seemed to be in every room I'd been in.

The size of the rooms are pretty good, all three I'd used were slightly different, the first being quite big and I suspect some of the more expensive suites will be sizeable. There are other provisions, radio thing to plug your ipod into the top, TV, Internet access and all that. Coffee table and sofa, leather swivel chair and the dreaded mini bar though some things were priced 'ok', some a bit horrific but not surprising. Complimentary newspaper in the morning, the list goes on. The room is also serviced twice a day, regular service in the morning and turn-down late afternoon ready for the evening. The only thing they should add to the room is some sparkling water which would finish everything off.

The spa is my favourite facility. Hidden away on floor minus one at the back of the hotel, down past the massive conference facility and on the right. The swimming pool is a gorgeous titled and pillared place to relax, open morning until night. Along the edge are various rooms and facilities, steam room which has constant steam, Sauna, Laquarium, Hamman and Tepidarium. There is also the rain room but this is just a cooling shower. Centre of these is the jacuzzi though if you use this remember it has a ladder in and not steps. It's incredibly deep and the amount of times I saw people step in with a sploosh surprise. It's also marble which just feels so much better than the plastic one at my own health club at home.

The gym is also worth using. It was fairly quiet when I used it but more surprisingly it's spotlessly clean. Plenty of machines, everything you need from weights, curls, treadmills, bikes, pretty much everything with the latest touch screen which you can play games, watch TV on and so on while exercising. Complimentary fruit and sparkling and still water is also available at the gym and in the changing rooms. There are also other rooms in the gym area, one full of cycles for gym classes and also a dance room come holistic studio. Just writing this up makes me want to visit again.

Overall this is a very special though modern hotel. It does cater for business which isn't surprising as it's right on the edge of The City (the older financial district) and that's the impression you may get from some parts of the hotel. There are plenty of things to try there. I've yet to try the sky bar on the top floor, they apparently are opening a night club at some point and the downstairs wine bar near the entrance is always bustling until late into the evening. Rooms prices are pretty good considering it's a five star.

If you're looking for a touch of luxury and modern is your thing then this is a good place to go.
Huge bed and real acrylic painting…
Video dances on the pillars in the…
Looking down from the glass lift t…
BrianaEu says:
Posted on: Jul 05, 2011
CosmicTen says:
It's also worth checking the hotel web site and lastminute.com as they do special rates on occasions, usually on the weekend. Hope you have a great time!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2011
BrianaEu says:

Thanks to your review my husband and I will be staying at this hotel. Hope it's worth it at a rate of around 300£ per night.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2011
Boki81 Boki81
Modern luxury in the City of London Jul 01, 2011
This is a fantastic fairly new five star hotel located in the hart of London’s city right next to the beautiful St Paul’s Cathedral and a short walk over the Milenium bridge to the fabulous Tate Modern gallery. Therefore, perfectly located for both tourists and business visitors.

Hotel’s staff is very helpful and courteous and my every question was answered with great satisfaction. Very clean and comfortable rooms with modern bathrooms and all the amenities you would expect from a high category hotel.

This hotel has a lovely spa and I found treatments to be very reasonably prices compared to the other top London hotels.

Being located in the city you will find that accommodation prices can be very high during the week and very low at weekends, so if you are visiting for a few days over the weekend this really is a great place to stay.
Genty19 Genty19
Expensive but worth it. Aug 27, 2010
I booked a night at the Grange for my partner and I, we got the hotel at a reduced rate (£99) as we booked it as a top secret hotel. For £99 I can't fault the hotel. The location was very central and the room was large and clean. The bathroom had both a bath and a shower as well as Molton Brown Goodies (shampoo's etc) The staff were friendly and helpful. I would love to be able to afford the hotel at its normal rate but have a feeling if i had paid the £200+ avg nightly rate i may have felt a little short changed.

Grange St. Paul's Hotel Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes