Grange Lodge Restaurant

+44 1481 72 5161

Grange Lodge Restaurant Saint Peter Port Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great food for a very fair price Jun 13, 2011
I actually ended up in the Grange Lodge Restaurant by pure coincidence. I was aiming to stay at another hotel but the hotel called me up, and because of water damage in my room they had booked me in another hotel that turned out to be the Grange Lodge Hotel.

I arrived with a 3½-hour delay and I was pretty tired due to the delay and I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant before walking down to the center of St Peter Port. The restaurant was through an arrow door in the hotel hall and I was quite amazed about the size of the place when I entered.

There were at least 50 – 70 seats in the place and there was a 10 – 15 meter long bar. I took a table just inside the bar where I could read the menu that was written on the wall. They had a quite large menu and I went for an avocado and shrimp salad as a starter. The salad was good but I was amazed about how tasty the avocado was; it was perfect which I found it very seldom to be.

As a main course I went for the scallops in bacon with mashed potatoes. I never had scallops in bacon before but it will not be my last. They had stewed rhubarbs for dessert and I had not had that for ages and I therefore went for that, which was no mistake.

The kitchen had done quite good job in the kitchen. The food was not just good it was fair to the price as well. I had beers accompanying my meal and I tasted two local great beers
Avocado and shrimp salad
Scallops in bacon with mashed pota…
Stewed rhubarb with ice cream
Chokk says:
Ha-ha - you crack me up! Remember to take pictures before you start if you want smiles on your pictures :D

Yeah - it is a small place!
Posted on: Jun 16, 2011
HuBison says:
Guernsey? If my life depended on it, I wouldn't have been able to point this place out on a map. Good review, great pics-I need to remember to take pics of my food so I can post them. I had REALLY good roti in St. Lucia last year and took a picture of the empty plate as proof of how good it was.
Posted on: Jun 16, 2011

Compare Guernsey Hotel Rates (4km away)

Grange Lodge Restaurant Map