Grandpa's Inn & Restaurant

(077) 722 2118

Grandpa's Inn & Restaurant Vigan Reviews

Ning Ning
Overnight Stay at Grandpa's Inn Sep 21, 2011
Our trip to Vigan is just a glimpse.

We planned to take the Partas Bus from Baguio bound to Vigan at the 10pm schedule. The bus was already full at 945pm so we left 15minutes earlier.

I decided to book a fan room at Grandpa's Inn the day before, because we will be arriving there according to the staff at around 4am. Luckily, our travel time took us only 4hours. We arrived the Partas Vigan terminal around 2am.

Then we hailed a tricycle to take us to Grandpa's Inn.

A stay in Grandpa's Inn is a feast to the eyes. It's like staying in a museum. We didn't rest yet the moment we were shown to our room, instead we grabbed our borrowed companion Sony digital camera (yes only a point-and-shoot cam..smiles) and take pictures of every nook and cranny of Grandpa's Inn.

Then next day we enjoyed our breakfast at their restaurant.

All the staff are friendly, helpful and very accommodating!

We plan to be back by next year to have a walking tour of Vigan this time (we took the calesa tour in exploring Vigan).
Isabetlog Isabetlog
Get Your Fill of Ilocandia Goodness Jun 07, 2008
Grandpa's was a real gastronomic Ilocandia treat. They had everything I wanted to try on the menu - bagnet (crisp deep-fried pork), pakbet - a tastier version of the ManileƱo one, poqui-poqui - an eggplant salad, dinengdeng - a vegetarian soup with bagoong (shrimp paste), plus other exotic dishes of mountain ant roe (itlog ti amuos), frogs legs and boar. I only got to sample the first three with the ants and all of which I devoured with gusto.

The staff are friendly and the service is quick. I found the tables a little too small though, but then again, they almost always are. Not that you eat them, but it's always better to have more room.

Across the street is Grandpa's Souvenir shop which is a good way to while away your time while waiting for your food to be served.

Had I stayed in Vigan longer, I would've had more meals to savour and come back here for more.
Grandpa's Inn & Restaurant
Itlog ti amuos & bagnet
rjcj10 says:
You can visit their website at www.grandpasinn.com
Posted on: Apr 13, 2009