GrandStay Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

6331 South 13th Street, Milwaukee, WI, USA

Check Milwaukee Hotel Deals

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport Reviews

texastea texastea
In my 60 years of life I have never given a one-star rating, until now Jun 14, 2017
Our party consisted of my wife and I, our adult son, his wife and two children (2nd room.), and our adult daughter (3rd room). Due to airline delays, we arrived at 4:30 AM and the manager graciously did not bill us for the scheduled day of arrival. This was a plus and a good start to our stay and we were encouraged. I should note that both my wife, son, and I commented on how comfortable the beds were, again, another positive note. After that, things started going downhill when we started noticing a variety of problem, some small and some quite serious:

1. The ice machine on the 1st floor was not working.

2. When I tried to call the front desk from my room about the ice machine we found the phone was not working there. I had to call on my cell phone.

3. The phone in my daughter’s room also was not working.

4. When we tried to use the hair dryer in our room it too was not working at all.

5. In my room the sink bowl was completely detached from the vanity so that it was free floating and only restrained by the drain pipe.

6. On the 1st day both my room and my son’s room did not get any maid service even though both rooms had the door hanger requesting maid service displayed all day. I talked with the front desk about this that night and followed up with them on day 2. We did get maid service on day 2 due to my multiple follow-ups.

7. When our families went out for dinner that night we noticed a lot of exterior lights were burned out/non-operational. Besides this electric locks that should have secured the exterior doors to the hallways/common areas were non-operational. One was completely falling out of the door jam. The hallways/common areas were not secured at night allowing any person with evil intent into the building where they could waylay guests outside their rooms. Most hotels, especially in major metropolitan areas, have on site security or at least a locked hotel environment at night. NONE of these were present.

8. On the evening of day 2 there was a wedding booked in the hotel. My room and my son’s room (with a 2 year old and a 6 month old) had windows (not a wall) facing the area where dancing was occurring. The music lasted till 11:15 PM and it was so loud that I could distinctly make out the words of each song being sung.

9. My daughter was in a room for two days where there was not air conditioning and the room temperature was 80°+ for both days. She notified the front desk on day 3 and they said they would have it fixed. My daughter called the front desk half-way through the day to see if the repairs were being made/progressing and they assured here it was being fixed.

10. On day 3 all three parties were out of the hotel for most of the day. We arrived back at 5:30 PM to find that no made service had happened to any of our three rooms. Also, my daughter’s room still did not have working air conditioning, even though she was told that would be fixed. When we went to the front desk we were told that the maids were released early because it was “too hot” for them to work. At the time of this writing, we have lived in this hotel without maid service two out of three days (which we paid for) and my daughter has lived in 80°+ heat but hotel maids cannot do their job under the same conditions we have to live in.

11. On day 3 there were no towels at the pool and none available anywhere.

12. There were no washers or driers at all in the laundry rooms.

13. All three treadmills were broken/non-operational.
Lack of security/broken exterior d…
Even with this sign we could not g…
vicIII says:
Featured review - it's great! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
texastea says:
Thanks
EmEm says:
Congrats on being featured!

Check Milwaukee Hotel Deals