Grand Supreme Hotel

Grand Supreme Hotel Rates and Deals

Grand Supreme Hotel Kuching Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Grand Supreme Hotel May 26, 2013
Absolutely not Grand, absolutely not Supreme.

This was actually my second choice as Tripvisor's reviews showed that this hotel gained better reviews than my initial choice. Pictures on their website look normal (just an average hotel with no oomph whatsoever), and price was adequate. Upon arrival at the airport, I saw the brochure of this hotel available at the Tourist Info counter. I thought to myself, if they even advertise this at the Tourist Info counter, it should be a recommended one.

When the taxi driver pulled up at the entrance... my first reaction was - SH*T! It's sooooo run down and looked like a typical 1970's Chinese Motel. The lift was soooo old fashioned! But to give it a plus point, the staffs there do have a uniform, so it looked more 'proper'. I wasn't too impressed with the outlook of it. But the service at the reception was tip top I must admit.

When I opened the door to my room, I didn't feel too enthusiastic about it. Yes the bed was fine and there were coffee table and chairs near the window. But... the only word I can repeat over and over again is "rundown". When I saw the bathroom, I almost puked. DIRTY and small, and I had to do a 3-point-turn to close the door. The bathroom was a real turn off. The rest were tolerable.

It comes with a TV with limited channels but good enough, a dressing table, water flask with tea and coffee, bottled water, toiletries, indoor slippers, cupboard and hangers. Number of charging docks were limited.

There is free wifi connection but I didn't use it as my phone was out of order anyway. They have a computer at the reception and you can use it without additional charges.

It comes with free breakfast but very basic like fried rice, fried noodle, toast and coffee, tea and water only.

They have a big bungalow next to the hotel where they converted to a new cottage. Perhaps that would be a better choice (run by the same hotel)? Good for families.

On the plus side:

- it's about 10-15 minutes walk to the water front (main town area)

- lots of eateries within a stone's throw away

- there's a sundry shop just next to it

- plenty of parking space

- very quiet and peaceful

- beds were comfortable

- service was great

I am sure there are lots of other better choices, or worse ones out there. Overall comment: Below Average
Grand Supreme Hotel
Grand Supreme Hotel - view from 6t…
Grand Supreme Hotel - view from 6t…
Grand Supreme Hotel - White Cottage

Grand Supreme Hotel Overview

The Grand Supreme Hotel Kuching is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Kuching.
The hotel has 94 rooms which are all nicely decorated to provide a memorable stay.
Each guestroom has ironing board, television, hair dryer.
To suit guests' convenience, this Kuching accommodation offers room service, safety deposit boxes, restaurant, coffee shop.
With elegant facilities and hospitality, guests at this hotel will surely have an impressive stay.
To proceed with your reservation at the Grand Supreme Hotel Kuching via our secure online booking form, please enter your period of stay.

Grand Supreme Hotel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ballroom
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom