Grand Place

NA - NA

Grand Place Brussels Reviews

Maurizioago Maurizio…
Grand Place. Jan 20, 2017
Grand Place, or Grote Markt (in Flemish) is the main square in Brussels.

This beautiful square was first laid out after the construction of the town hall (1402-1455). On august 13th 1695 it was bombed to ruins by the French. In the following four years the city guilds rebuilt it.

Today it is surrounded by several guild houses from the late 17th century, by the town hall and the Broodhuis (or Maison du Roy). Some guild houses house restaurants or cafes.

The Maison du Roy houses the City Museum. There you can see the collection of costumes of the Manneken Pis.

Grand Place, or Grote Markt (in Flemish) is the main square in Brussels.

MarioBG MarioBG
Amazing place Dec 26, 2015
So I happen to be sucker for architecture so my first few minutes here I spent with jaw dropped and kept repeating 'wow' to my friends. I could sit and stare at those buildings for hours. You have not been to Belgium unless you have visited Grand Place. Looking and admiring is free :) I would strongly recommend to visit Grand Place as early as possible to avoid the huge rush of people which lasts throughout the day and evening. Although, visiting in the evening is a must too. Evening lights are amazing . The heart of Brussels
louiseie louiseie
Spectacular Square in Brussels May 03, 2011
Grand Place Brussels is a must see for anyone spending time in Brussels. Immerse yourself in this vast cavity in central Brussels, decorated by 360 degrees of architectural glory. Whilst there why not drop into some of the friendly chocolatiers for a taste of heaven.
kingtut707 kingtut7…
Grand Place-Brussels Apr 17, 2011
Brussels is the "capital of Europe", you can find lots of big corporate multinational companies, European Parlemant, NATO...etc, not so much sight seeing.

The most busy & exciting place in Brussel is the "Grand Place" whcih is some old buldings repreasenting the heart of the old city, where you can take nice pictures, buy souvenirs & chocolates, also there are LOTS of sea food restaurents.

Related Travel Blogs About Grand Place

Brussels
August 2010 was extremely hot in Kiev. Every new day broke the temperature record again and again. Therefore, choosing destination where to spend 1 week of my vacation I was seeking for a place with …Brussels. Grand Place was gorgeous in the night with colorful lights and classic music. Such shows are held to please…
happy anniversary to me
Today marks the end of the first month of my adventure!  For some reason it feels like a lot longer than that.  To commemorate this date, and since I so rarely blog about what I'm actually …Brussels 4. Hamburger Bahnof, Berlin 5. Haus am Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin 5 Best Places to Sit Around Doing Nothing 1. Trafalger Square, London 2. Grand
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
  I've organized a listing of all the U.S. and International World Heritage Sites for the locations we'll likely be traveling.  http://whc.unesco.org/en/list I'd like us to research…Grand-Place, Brussels (1998) ยง                           Major…

Check Brussels Hotel Deals