Grand Orzu Hotel

Hotel class: 3 stars
27 Makhmud Tarobi Street, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Grand Orzu Hotel - My first room (with the worst bed ever)
Grand Orzu Hotel - Orzu Hotel
Grand Orzu Hotel - My second room
Grand Orzu Hotel - Bathroom in my first room

Grand Orzu Hotel Rates and Deals

Grand Orzu Hotel Tashkent Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Rather poor value Jun 29, 2010
After two failed attempts at finding a budget place to stay in Tashkent I ended up at this place. This Soviet hotel gets a decent review in the Lonely Planet at at the advertised $25 I figured it was ok for a night. Imagine my shock when I found out the hotel has doubled its prices since publication of the Lonely Planet (in contrast: most other hotels in Uzbekistan were actually cheaper than what was listed in the LP).

The staff was 'nice enough' to charge me the price for locals, rather than tourists, so I 'only' had to pay $40.

So what do you get for this? Well, a queen-size bed which has been put to good use at least since the Soviet days. The mattress was so worn that springs were actually sticking out. An air-conditioning which is an old Soviet model and in no way able to cope with the heat and humidity. All it did was blow some stale air into the room.

A bathroom which looks like it was fitted back in the early seventies (wonderful shades of brown).

The only positive note I have: it was clean. That's always a pleasant surprise in Central Asia (though thusfar I have not had any dirty hotel in Uzbekistan).

When I complained about the poor state of the mattress they gave me a room on the top floor, which had actually been recently refitted and was a lot more comfortable (same old noisy A/C though). If you're staying here, make sure you get one of these newer rooms.

Breakfast (included in the price) was a treat and made the high room price a little bit more bearable. They have a hot and cold buffet with several daily changing dishes, excellent for people who stay here more than one day. When I stayed here they had freshly baked cottage cheese blyny's - yummie!!!

So in conclusion, this is a reasonable mid-range option, but I would advise you try out other hotels first. Note that there is another Orzu hotel (same owners) nearby, which is an even higher price range. Not sure if that equals better quality though.
Orzu Hotel
My first room (with the worst bed …
Bathroom in my first room
My second room

Grand Orzu Hotel Overview

Benefiting from a strategic location in the capital city of Uzbekistan, the Grand Orzu Hotel is a 3 star hotel in Tashkent. This Tashkent hotel is about 1,2 miles/2 km of the Tashkent International Airport and 3.1 miles/5 km of the Tashkent railway station. Business travellers and holidaymakers alike will find everything they need under one roof for a truly comfortable and relaxing stay. The friendly and experienced personnel will do all they can to ensure you enjoy a successful visit. For pampering moments and sheer relaxation there is also a sauna, an outdoor pool, a fitness room and a solarium. After an exciting day of adventure, take a dip in the pool, or sit back and savor a delicious meal in the restaurant.

Check Grand Orzu Hotel Rates and Deals