Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel

Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel Rates and Deals

Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel Rome Reviews

kearmy kearmy
As expected but nothing more Jul 30, 2011
I spent 3 nights in this hotel in July 2011.

It's location is within short walking distance (7-8 min) to the Vatican City and approximately 20-25 min walking to Piazza Navona in downtown Rome.

It is always easy to be fooled by the hotel star ratings, I've been to much better 3-star hotels than this 4-star hotel.

What's important for me is the following:

Service - All personnel were helpful and kind, nothing to complaint about here.

Rooms - My room was quite dark and not very cosy. View direct to a sad backyard.

Bed - My bed was very hard! I prefer softer beds than this so I had problems to get a good night if sleep - which is quite essential when staying at a hotel?

Cleanliness - I could see the dust on top of cabinets and doors as I lay on my back in the bed. And the brown spot high up on one of the walls, was it blood??

Bathroom - Ok

Breakfast - Not recommended, small selection and the bread was dry. I had the breakfast the first morning, the two other mornings I preferred to go somewhere else.

Noise - One of the great advantages, my room was totally quiet all night long.

Price - I paid 50 euro pr day which after all is quite cheap.

I can't imagine coming back to this hotel, but for travellers with not to high expectations it could be good value for money.

Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel Overview

If shopping is on the agenda, the Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel is strategically located to access Rome's shopping precinct. Rome's attractions, such as Ponte Sant'Angelo and Castel Sant'Angelo are within an easy walking distance.

The Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel caters for families with children offering babysitting / child services. This hotel proudly comes with a pets-accepted policy. Facilities include a dry cleaning service, a concierge and a laundry service. Confidently choose the Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel for your next trip with the knowledge that you'll be ideally placed to take in Rome's popular range of nightlife attractions.

Grand Olympic - Aurum Hotel Amenities