Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel

Check Abu Dhabi Hotel Deals

Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel Abu Dhabi Reviews

harryj harryj
Excellent all round although a little expensive Sep 12, 2012
I stayed for four nights at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda and was very impressed. It was the first time I had stayed at a Grand Millennium hotel so wasn’t really sure what to expect but the staff were amazing, everything was clean and pleasantly presented and the bed was so comfortable.

The hotel actually has two entrances. I think the second is aimed at the days when they have events at the hotel but the main entrance is easy to get to and within walking distance of the nearby Al Wahda Mall, which turned out to be an absolute savior. On a quick side note, the Mall has a little food court which has predominantly fast food outlets but the extension is due to be opened so I would imagine there would be more restaurants going in there. There are a good selection of shops there and best of all a LuLu’s supermarket which is huge.

I found that eating at the hotel was a bit out of my budget so buying food from the supermarket and eating dinners there made a difference. I did try the room service food though which was very tasty and the Japansese Sushi place in the hotel was also very good. On certain nights it is buffet style and they have a tepanyaki grill too but the food was lovely, again, slightly too much for me but I was trying to stay in a nice place on a budget.

The staff were amazing. Every morning they would greet you and smile. I had a problem with my room bill and even when I went down to sort it out (which was very quick) someone was there offering me morning tea. The gym is a very good size with a fitness room attached for classes and there were plenty of machines available. I had a quick look around the spa which is supposed to be one of the nicer ones in Abu Dhabi city centre and again I was very impressed. The place was huge. The rooftop pool is enclosed on the sides but with no roof which I thought would be annoying but it actually gave welcome relief from the heat of the sun. The pool area too was very well presented with a lifeguard at all times.

My room was large, clean and very comfortable. The beds were the best part. I was worried about jetlag but with blackout curtains and the comfy bed, I got a very good night’s sleep. The bathroom was also very large with a walk-in shower and bath and was perfectly clean too.

The only downsides to the hotel, like I said was the price of the food. I guess this is just because of the type of clientele it would tend to attract (business people) who would be able to expense their food back to the company. Also in the lobby, people were able to smoke so every so often you got a whiff of it which wasn’t so pleasant if you aren’t a smoker but at other times when no one was there, you couldn’t smell it so it didn’t linger for long.

On my last evening I went to the bar (prices are what you would expect from a hotel/London prices), where they also served a couple of snacks (French fries and that sort of thing) for free. I wish I had known about it before so that I could have saved myself some money!

All in all though, it was very nice. I chose the hotel because I like to stay at nice places even though I can’t afford the rest of it. I would definitely recommend the hotel and if you are like me and on a budget, there’s always McDonald’s at the mall next door.

Check Abu Dhabi Hotel Deals