Grand Menseng Hotel

Grand Menseng Hotel Rates and Deals

Grand Menseng Hotel Davao Reviews

jov jov
Convenient Mar 08, 2011
At first glance of the hotel, I was disappointed because it was located in one of the busiest roads in Davao and I was expecting it to be noisy in our room. But, this didn't happen, it was even quite the contrary. I was able to sleep peacefully.

The rooms were quite spacious. My friends and I booked a three-bed room and requested for an extra bed and there was still room for us to roam around. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the a/c was working perfectly but it was quite noisy. The bathroom was also big. There's a tub and the heater is working perfectly but the water flow is not that strong. The room has cable TV and a refrigerator, all in perfect condition. Overall, their facilities was okay.

We were also able to avail of their promo that includes a free buffet breakfast. The food was okay, nothing special about it, just the usual breakfast. However, there was variety. In my entire stay, they served different dishes. They also always serve watermelon and pineapple, which were sweet. But what always gets to my nerves every morning there was the very slow service. I once asked for coffee and I have to follow it up for them to serve it. It really tested my patience.

However, this hotel's location is very convenient. Just in front is an eat-all-you-can restaurant that's only worth PhP99. The food is okay, just comparable to what you pay. There is also a 24-hour convenience store nearby and public transportation is also easy to find. It was hassle-free.

I recommend this hotel to those traveling groups. For my stay for 3 days/ 4 nights, I only paid around PhP2000 but I shared the room with three of my friends. It can really be quite affordable.
pacificscorpio pacifics…
Davao City, Philippines Grand Menseng Hotel May 26, 2010
Stayed for 1 week during June/2009. Great room (gave me a discount from the price on wall). Pool was clean. Very quiet and great service. Breakfast was served also at no extra cost. Front desk mad some travel arrangements for me also to some local islands. Internet provide in lobby area at no cost.

Great hotel for the money !

Did some reno work when i visited in May 2010, new carpets and decor, looks great.
Grand Menseng Hotel
Great pool on roof top
cookeymuncher says:
When I saw this review, first thing that came into my mind is the Grand Menseng which I thought is located in Hong Kong.

@Jake: You really are such a flirt! :P hahahaha
Posted on: Oct 08, 2010
yheleen yheleen
Great Location and Buffet Dec 13, 2009
What’s so grand about Grand Men Seng?

Remembering these words brought back fun memories. Ten years ago when we were still students, someone from the group shouted this question to everyone at the lobby. Haha, imagine the stares we got.

Well, it was a good point to ponder and every time I’m staying in the hotel, I am reminded of this question. And finally, with Travbuddy, I’ve found a reason to really look into what makes Grand Men Seng a grand hotel.

Lots of Good Food

For us, when you say Grand Men Seng, what automatically comes to mind is the delicious buffet breakfast which comes free with the room accommodation. Good food choices with mix of Filipino and international cuisine. There are lots of other choices as well in the menu. For lunch, you can arrange for a buffet or ala carte.

Great Location

What’s also great about GMS is its location - a walking distance from the City Hall, Capitol, San Pedro Cathedral, Rizal Park and Davao Museum and one jeepney ride to GS Mall, NCCC Mall, SM, People’s Park, Aldevinco, and other city attractions.

Facilities

Rooms are spacious, each with cable TV and ref with mini bar and beds are big enough. Halls are carpeted and they have a swimming pool in the 3rd floor, right beside their bar. Lobby looks inviting and staffs are friendly. There’s also a fitness gym for guests. If you’re traveling for business and with a group, chances are you’ll meet Miss MJ of Sales Dept. She’s very sweet, friendly and pretty ;-)

Room rates are reasonable. A little higher than most of the ‘practical hotels’ in the city but much, much cheaper than the 5-star hotels (Marco Polo, Apo Hotel, etc.) with the right comfort you’re looking for. Place is secured as well.

The rooms are internet ready however, they are not free. I wish they charge lesser for wifi tho making the stay more fun ;-)

Well, at least they have free airport shuttle, massage with blind masseuse and they even have shoe shine service ;-)

Are you fond of dancing? Well, you’ll love it here. They have instructors for various dances – Foxtrot, Merengue, Salsa, Reggae, etc.

Give it a try!
i love pools
@ the lobby
front view

Grand Menseng Hotel Overview

The Grand Men Seng Hotel is located in Davao making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The hotel has a total of 70 well-appointed rooms designed with the guests' comfort in mind. Each guestroom has separate shower and tub, daily newspaper, hair dryer, bathrobes. The basic amenities provided at this Davao accommodation comprise 24hr room service, meeting facilities, restaurant. For a more enjoyable stay, guests can take advantage of a variety of recreational facilities, including outdoor pool. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Davao. Make your reservation at the Grand Men Seng Hotel Davao now by selecting your chosen dates of stay and submitting our secure online booking form.

Grand Menseng Hotel Amenities

• Rehearsal Dinners
  • Custom event planning available
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Shoe Shine

Related Travel Blogs About Grand Menseng Hotel

I love davao --
So I made the 2nd flight to Davao with PAL A340 aircraft and stayed at 3 different hotels for 3 different nights. Lol. I could only remember the other one - the Grand Men Seng. I met my friend in Dav…Davao with PAL A340 aircraft and stayed at 3 different hotels for 3 different nights. Lol. I could only remember the other one - the Grand Men Seng

Check Grand Menseng Hotel Rates and Deals