Grand Mandarin Betong Hotel

Check Betong Hotel Deals

Grand Mandarin Betong Hotel Reviews

soonthiam soonthiam
The biggest and most luxurious hotel in town Aug 25, 2013
I came across this hotel the last time I was here. I told myself I will stay here the next time and here I am. Got the standard room at Bht 1380 for two per night inclusive of breakfast. The rooms are huge and the bath rooms have both bath tub and shower area. It has free WIFI with good connectivity. Generally, everything still looks new and very clean. We stayed at the 20th floor and we had a nice view of the whole town. It has a swimming pool and a Chinese restaurant on the ground floor where breakfast is served. The breakfast is average and I gave it a miss the first morning to have delicious dim sum across the road from the hotel. Had it the next day and I regretted it.Just spoiled my appetite. It is convenient to eat at the shops nearby and the food is cheap. My friends who have kids complained that the hotel is very calculative charging extra for towels and pillow. He wanted to complain to the manager but he avoided him.On the whole, the hotel is what is expected. Would stay here the next time. Oh yes, the others hotel although of lower standard charges around Bht750 per night in comparison.
The hotel front
Tallest hotel in town
The hotel lobby
Nice view when the curtain is drawn
soonthiam says:
I think it is a good price for this standard but then this is a remote place.:)
Posted on: Aug 25, 2013
spocklogic says:
Seems a strange practice to charge for extra towels & pillow. So, 1380 Bht = ~$40 USD, so it is a good price for Thailand in such a hotel?
Posted on: Aug 25, 2013