GRAND LISBOA, Macau, Macau

Grand Lisboa Casino & Hotel Macau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Awesome design and extravaganza Jan 25, 2012
Walking around in the small and narrow streets of Macau it can be difficult to find your way; what worked for me was keeping the orientation focused on the magnificent view of the Grand Lisboa Hotel and Casino.

My plan was to end my walk in the city by spending some time in the casino; not just to get the warmth back in my body after the cold walk in the 6 degrees Celsius and 91% humidity, which by the way felt like having a cold wet cloth surrounding the body but also to have to look and feel of this renowned place. Well I also planed to get a free ride to the ferry terminal as well.

The Grand Lisboa 新葡京 is a 58-floor 261 meters tall hotel, owned by Sociedade de Turismo e Diversões de Macau and designed by Hong Kong architects Dennis Lau and Ng Chun Man. It’s look is quite impressive and I was amazed by the shape and magnitude of the part of the hotel that is hanging out over the main construction.

When I arrived at the hotel I was astonished about the amount of people in the place; well after the walk in the people filled streets I should have guessed that some had the same idea as me. The entrance hall was quite amazing and huge, but it was so totally crowded that it was not easy to get a view of the whole place. I decided to go upstairs to the Grand Bar of the casino to get a place to sit down and have a cold beer.

Grand Lisboa casino and restaurants were opened on February 11, 2007, while the hotel was opened in December 2008. The casino offers 800 mass gaming tables and 1000 slot machines. The hotel contains 430 hotel rooms and suites. The Grand Lisboa is the tallest building in Macau and the 118th Tallest Building in the World. The casino is the first in Macau to offer Texas hold 'em poker ring games. It was also the first to offer craps, though several other casinos in Macau now offer the game.

Everything in this hotel is oversized or maximized even the quality of the food. Joël Robuchon joined the group in 2007 as the head chef of the hotel restaurant, Robuchon a Galera, which in 2008 was awarded three stars by the Michelin Guide. The wine list features over 7,400 wines and has won the Wine Spectator “Grand Award”.

The Star of Stanley Ho is on permanent display at the Casino Grand Lisboa. According to the Gemological Institute of America, the 218.08 carats (43.62 g) diamond is the largest cushion shaped internally flawless D-color diamond in the world.

You can be transported from the hotel to the Ferry Terminal or Airport in style as they have a limousine service consisting of Mercedes, Jaguars and Bentleys or you can do as I did take the free bus service from the basement. You just have to get a card from one of the croupiers at any of the game tables and you in for the service.

Nice place
Grand Lisboa Casino & Hotel
The entrance hall of Grand Lisboa …
Having a cold beer at the Grand Ba…
westwind57 says:
good review. last time i went they were still building it. we went to the old Lisboa. had a little gambling budget, lost it and then we wanted to go. threw the last few coins on a gambling game i had no idea what it was, and won about enough to pay the hotel bill LOL. Only time i actually had luch at any such games...
Posted on: Feb 07, 2012
Chokk says:
It is a great building - I liked it too ;D
Posted on: Jan 29, 2012
Johnpro says:
Great review Christian ! Thanks for sharing !
It was my lovely building to Macau , shoot it many times but we don't had so free time for a visit , been there just for a few hours trip from Hong Kong :)
Posted on: Jan 29, 2012

Compare Macau Hotel Rates (1.3km away)

Grand Lisboa Casino & Hotel Map