Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali

Check Bali Hotel Deals

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Beautiful hotel with Balinese stucture Jul 30, 2013
From the website, the pictures of this hotel look gorgeous and very green with low stories building – 3 storey only with a Balinese architectural design outside and inside the building.

And since the hotel has special 40% discount from the normal room rate plus free banana boat ride, 15 minutes free massages for 2 people, and free dinner for 2 as well. I booked it through booking.com. It cost usd 40 per night without breakfast for 2 people.

Buffet breakfast for hotel guest cost Rp.80,000 = usd 8 for adult and Rp.40,000 = usd 4 for children which I though really reasonable considering the huge amount of food available during breakfast. It served traditional Indonesian food from fried noodles, rice, vegetables, chicken soto – spicy soup, International dishes such as salad, ham, bacon, eggs any styles (just ordered from the cook), tomatoes, fresh bread, sweet cakes, etc.

Unfortunately the dinner was not that good and do not have any selection, basically they only served it to us and the portion were really small and probably the drink we ordered for dinner was more expensive than the dinner itself. After a couple of nights having dinner there, we opt to have dinner outside since we still have something else to eat after dinner and we wants to explore other restaurants – especially me. We did have lunch once or twice at the restaurant and the food was good and it was good for people watch and view toward the ocean.

What I really like is the hotel location which is really good, right opposite Kuta beach – easy access to watch sunset, next door from the Beach walk and many International shops and all the restaurants and bars – not that I am going to bar since I was there with my 10 years old niece.

Kuta square is easy within walking distant, but my niece was a bit lazy and not uses to walk much, and she prefers taxi to go there.

We have deluxe room on the second floor and it was huge – 30 sqm meter with balcony overlooking the garden and my niece was crazy with squirrel at the garden and she wants to feed squirrels every morning at 7am.

The room has everything we need from comfortable mattress, air conditioned, coffee maker, free two bottles of mineral water, and modern bathroom.

The hotel has a big swimming pool which is bliss in the hot weather like Bali. We take a dip a couple of times when we were not out sightseeing.

Downside of this hotel are:

1. Check in time is 2 pm. When we arrived early around 12pm – the reception said the room was not ready and asked to leave the luggage with the bellboy and come back at 2pm. I never have any problem check in at the hotel especially at 4 stars hotel and this is first time I have to wait for check-in. Anyway, we left the luggage and have lunch and shop next door at the Beach Walk shopping mall.

2. Have to put deposit Rp.1,000,000 = usd 100 and collect when check out.

3. My niece very keen to feed squirrel which was advertised at 7am every morning at the garden, but when we were up at 7 am and waited at the garden, nobody there and when I asked the staff, they said at 8am. We were down again at that time and still nobody there and I asked the staff again. And around 8.30am the staff gives the coconuts to squirrel just to make my niece happy probably.

4. Advertised to feed the fish on the pond at certain time and same story, nobody there, but the fish food was left near the pond, so I just scoop it and feed the fish to make my niece happy.

Overall, it was very nice hotel and I like the room. We rent a car and driver for several days from the hotel to go sightseeing around Bali. It was a wee bit expensive compare with other place, it cost Rp.500,000 =usd50 per day, the driver was polite and wear uniform, I felt very safe.
reception
reception area
decoration in the reception area
lobby
rsvpme says:
Interesting place, with odd quirks.
Posted on: Nov 19, 2013

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali Overview

The Kuta Beach area of Bali is known for its shopping, accommodation, dining and entertainment options, but it is also recognized for its world-class beaches and water sports. The Grand Istana Rama Hotel offers guests direct access to the beach and water sports so popular in the area, but is also only a few minutes walk to the major attractions in the town itself.

The Grand Istana Rama Hotel is located at Jl. Pantai, Kuta.

There are 146 rooms and suites available in the hotel at a range of styles and sizes, but all provide guests with satellite TV, direct dial phones, mini bars, beverage centers, bottled mineral water and private terraces with garden views.

The Grand Istana Rama Hotel provides visitors with a nice range of activities and services including an enormous heated pool, massage and reflexology treatments, 24-hour room service and three restaurants and lounges from which to enjoy local and international specialties, business services and meeting rooms outfitted with modern electronics, and daily activities such as water sports instruction or live entertainment.

Grand Istana Rama Hotel Amenities

• Surfing
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower