Grand Hyatt New York

Grand Hyatt New York Rates and Deals

Grand Hyatt New York Reviews

laantje84 laantje84
Great hotel, A+ location! May 21, 2013
Located on 42nd St., Grand Central Station next door (you can reach the station directly from the hotel) and on walking distance from the Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, Times Square, Cipriani (across the street), The Oyster Bar (GCS), Magnolia Bakery (GCS), Jo Malone (GCS), Bobbi Brown (GCS), MAC(GCS), Apple Store (GCS), Starbucks(GCS). Absolute stunning lobby, helpful staff and on site shop available to stock up your in room mini bar (open 24hr).

The standard room we had was large for New York standards and price/quality was excellent. Bed was very comfortable, walk in closet was definitely a very nice surprise, luxurious furniture and the Geneva Sound Station was a big plus. Bathroom was very small though - toilet required squeezing in between sink and shower, but the room was very luxurious nonetheless.

The hotel had only paid wifi, but after 3 days we discovered they had free wifi in the lobby. Since we were located on the 17th floor (floor counting starts at 14), we still had wifi access in our room. Not sure how the connection is on higher floors.

We definitely recommend the Grand Hyatt for a first visit to NY due to the centralized location. For a second visit to NY, I would rather seek for a hotel in Soho. Since Soho is more vivid and authentic.
browniebee4 brownieb…
Luxury Hotel Jul 28, 2011
If you book through Priceline you get the best deal. Believe me booking from the website directly is expensive.(Unless they have an unbeatable promotion) I booked the Hyatt through Priceline this past December and paid only $150 for the night. Please note this was last minute too, which is a steal for New York.
vmehnert vmehnert
Great hotel in an even better location May 08, 2011
My family and I went here during Christmas and managed to get a very good rate. The hotel is located right next door to Grand Central Station (you can walk there in literally 2 minutes). It's also a very close walk to 5th Ave, Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, and Times Square.

The rooms are really nicely decorated and extremely clean. They're modern and the furnishings are completely up-to-date, so you might end up being tempted to stay a little longer haha. I do not, however, recommend their restaurants. They're fairly expensive and there's LOADS of choices outside to choose from.
Xava Xava
grand hyatt hotel May 01, 2011
Was a nice hotel in a perfect loaction linked to grand central.Comfortable bed and good room service.close to crystler building and great places to have breakfast.

the only problem was the walls were very thin.
diegodf diegodf
Grand Hyatt Hotel New York City Mar 06, 2011
Best location just outside Grand Central Station.

Definitely recommend this hotel for New York, at least when I come back to NYC I will go.
poohstanggt poohstan…
Amazing Hote with Perfect Location!!! Mar 21, 2009
Literally next door to Grand Central Station, you couldn't ask for a better location. Brett managed to find an incredible deal online for this hotel (through TravBuddy's hotel search btw!!) for about half what other hotels in NYC were going for. Not sure if we just got lucky or whether they are reducing their rates in line with all the economical issues we are currently experiencing.

The room was elegant - luxury furnishings and decor. We had a nice view outside our windown as well.

The staff was very helpful and accomodating as we had tons of luggage (well, Brett had tons of luggage for his move) and they were very patient with us - trying to help us load everything in the vehicle which was quite a feat! LOL.

We didn't try any of the onsite restaurants but we did try the little coffee booth - they gave us free coffee or tea coupons upon check in and we were there right as they were closing and they tried to send pastries home with us since they had to get rid of them. HAHA. We took a croissant and a chocolate type pastry which was heavenly.

One note - the hotel does have wifi but it's not free - it's a TMobile Hot Spot so if you have an account already you are fine, otherwise you can just sign up online. And as I had to find out due to lovely issues with my work computer and trying to use VPN, they have an adapter that bypasses the wireless card settings to get online.

Definitely recommend this hotel for NYC - short walk to Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue, and obviously perfect access to Grand Central Station.
Grand Hyatt New York
Our room
Our room
Our bathroom
delsol67 delsol67
Part of the Club Aug 15, 2009
Great Location just outside Grand Central Station. It's central but removed from the Broadway noise. The hotel is New York stylish and showy. We stayed on their club floor which gives you some special perks. All the rooms on the floor have a special common lounge area that has breakfast in the morning and appetizers and drinks during a happy hour. All of this is at no additional charge.

The room is large by New York standards. The beds are fantastic. You might not want to get out of it...but, you're in New York. The bath is quite nicely decorated and offers premium details.

Service was fantastic! It was even more than I expected even at this lofty pricepoint. I wish my budget allowed for such extravagance....It was fantastic.
Grand Central Station
Upper East Side
Central Park
benjih10 benjih10
Affordable luxury in a great location Jun 13, 2008
I put the cost scale as expensive as at centain times of the year it can be very expensive nearing $500 a night for a double room. I managed to get it at $300 for a night which isn't too bad once converted in GBP for myself. I only stayed there for a night as i was only in New York for a bit of shopping and a little partying, so for me location was important so i could be close to all the major shops on 5th ave etc.

My only negative thing about this was the staff. Although helpful they didn't go out of there way to help like in previous Hyatt's that i have stayed in and almost had to be told what to do in order to help me out and meet my needs ( i am not demanding, although from that sentence it may sound it!)
Devika1985 says:
I believe u when u say ur not demanding :D
So sounds like a very luxurious place only the staff couldve been better?! I want to go to NY too
Posted on: Jun 22, 2008

• Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower