Grand Hotel Struer

Grand Hotel Struer Rates and Deals

Grand Hotel Struer Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nothing Oct 11, 2011
I was attending a seminar in the Northern Jutland in the city of Struer. The city is most famous for being the hometown of the Danish world famed company Band & Olufsen. Struer is a relatively small town situated some 4 hours drive from Copenhagen and I had arrived in the late afternoon in the Copenhagen airport after a day in Stockholm.

I was not looking forward to the long drive because I would much rather have been seated in front of the TV watching the football came between Denmark and Portugal regarding the qualification to the European Championship in Ukraine and Polen in 2012. The weather was nice and my radio was tuned in on the preparation talks of the game.

I arrived in Struer just before the end of 1st half and Denmark was leading 1 – 0. I had been laughing in my thoughts about what to expect when I arrived. I pictured a hotel that could not be further from Grand; I had often stayed in small hotel that had taken so to speak huge names and I expected that to be the case here as well. I was my first time ever in Struer and the hotel was situated in the middle of town close to the water and the shopping area of the town.

There was parking just outside of the hotel that only was valid until 9 am in the morning after that you had to pay for maximum as 3-hour stretch. I entered the reception area and there was nobody; only a sign on the desk that asked me to contact the restaurant for help. On the way there I passed the kitchen where the staffs were listening to the game and I asked if someone could help me with the key and less than a minute later I had an envelope in my hand with my room key and an info sheet that would guide me to their facilities.

I was given room 233 on second floor and I found the elevator. The hotel was quite far from Grand it reminded me of an Ibis hotel. I found my room after having passed a couple of halls. The room was okay but far from something special. The centerpiece was the double bed but it turned out that it was two single beds put together and they wanted to stay split during the night. There was a small desk around the corner and an open closet to the clothes. There was a B&O TV on the wall and I turned it on to watch the last of the game and enjoy the pleasure of Denmark winning.

There were a couple of windows facing a walking street and as many of these small cities in Jutland the streets was empty. The bathroom was small and extremely boring. I especially loved that they had a hair blower on the wall but no electrical jacks on the wall.

I was staying in the hotel for two nights and it was a fair stay and probably the only time I will stay there. In the bar the service was a bit slow it was like they didn’t want to earn money. The food in their restaurant was fair and very traditional.
The bed in the room
The boring room
The windows looking in to the roof…
The bathroom

Grand Hotel Struer Overview

With its central location, Struer Grand Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Struer. The Struer Grand Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. All of the guestrooms are replete with non smoking rooms, daily newspaper, hair dryer, ironing board, television, shower, separate shower and tub. This Struer accommodation contains all of the facilities and conveniences you would expect from a hotel in its class. Leisure and sports facilities available on the hotel's property comprise golf course (on site), gym, tennis courts. With elegant facilities and hospitality, guests at this hotel will surely have an impressive stay. To book a room easily at the Struer Grand Hotel, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Grand Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Hiking
  • Desk
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower