Grand Hotel Dahlak Restaurant

Dahlak Hotel, Massawa, Eritrea

Grand Hotel Dahlak Restaurant Massawa Reviews

DAO DAO
Luxury Dining in Massawa Feb 16, 2017
I discovered a little too late that the Dahlak Hotel has arguably the best restaurant in Massawa. There isn’t much competition here anymore, but this is actually a fantastic place to dine. It’s a beautiful covered and open air restaurant and bar. Sitting here or just at the water’s edge gives you great vies of the ancient port of Massawa and several nearby islands. The bar is amazingly well stocked by Eritrean standards. They never ran out of anything when I was there and they even had imported spirits and wines. The menu is heavily seafood based, but it’s all fresh. Literally right off the boat. I had lunch here the day before I left and it was delicious. I had a fried fish dish which came with a massive plate full of tender fish. Excellent. My dining companions order grilled fish skewers and they also had massive portions. Which I helped them finish of course! There grilled fish was moist, succulent and served with ripe salad and crispy vegetables marinated to perfection. I also enjoyed a few cold Asmara beers and watch the boats go by on their way out to the Red Sea. An excellent dining experience in Massawa.
Massawa Map