Grand Central Café

Grand Central Café  - Moroccon bread

Grand Central Café Tangier Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Great Food and Mint Tea Oct 22, 2013
Surprisingly it was difficult to find a decent restaurant in Morocco and especially in this small city – the guide book was not help in this case.

We head inside the medina to find something to eat and also to see the sights. But we couldn’t really find a restaurant – and I wonder if Moroccan people actually eat food.

Finally we settle with this place which according to lonely planes is the most recommend place for tea (not food) and people watch. This place only have a written menu on the black board advertised their food at the front of the café – right outside the street.

The waitress bring the black board for us to read – unfortunately neither of us speak Arabic nor French and the waitress do not speaks much English either. So it was like a menu games, tried to translate what they have on the menu.

Finally we ordered the food – I know I ordered prawn but not sure how they cook it.

My travel companion ordered something which both of us does not know what it was. We just point and choose from the black board since there were not many choices there.

Both of us ordered soft drink – coca cola bottle for safety reason.

When the food arrives, my prawn was swimming in olives oils and it accompany with Moroccan bread, rice, fries and salad. Taste was good especially the bread when I dip it in the prawn olives oils.

The other ordered was a fish fillet – not sure what kind of fish but it was big and tasty as well and also accompany with rice, fries and salad.

We were quite surprised and happy with the food. The other entertainment was the mint tea – since it was our first mint tea in Morocco. The waitress pour the tea with a very good act and both of us laugh and applause him after that. We did come back for another mint tea and biscuits at night time.
huge fish
fries, rice and salad
prawn with olives oils and spicy h…
Moroccon bread