Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon Flagstaff Reviews

loripori loripori
FLAGSTAFF Feb 22, 2017
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hans and I last visited Grand Canyon thirteen years ago, in 1996, when we did a road trip with Hans' sister Nel and husband Jean.

We made a return visit to the GRAND CANYON on our "Road Trip 2009".

Starting out from our motel in Flagstaff, we made our way along highway 180 and then on to Hwy 64 and the south entrance station. We paid our $25.00 US entry fee (good for seven days). Our receipt recorded us as arriving at 9:54 a.m.

First stop was the "Grand Canyon Visitor Center" which is also the location of the IMAX Theater ($12.00 US admittance fee).

Our first stop was Mather Point (7120 feet elevation). We backtracked west to Yavapai Point and then continued on Desert View Drive to Grandview Point.

As it was now past 1:30 p.m. and we were getting hungry, it was lunch time. We looked for a Picnic Area and found a lovely spot with a table sitting in the bright sunshine. It was such a quiet and peaceful spot. The only sound you heard was the soft wind blowing through the trees. Not even sight or sound of any little critters scurrying about. I thought I would at least see a squirrel or little chipmunk.

After our Picnic lunch, we headed for Moran Point (7160 feet elevation) which in my opinion is the most beautiful view, with the sight of the mighty Colorado River winding its way through the Canyon below.

Next was Lipan Point (7360 feet elevation) and finally Desert View (7438 feet elevation). We finished our day at about 6:00 p.m. A full day indeed and such a wonderful experience.

Related Travel Blogs About Grand Canyon

Omg we are driving in a blizzard.....in arizona!!!!!
RAIN + SEDONA = SNOW IN FLAGSTAFF OMG I should have put 2 and 2 together.  Brett and I both said, once we saw rain in Sedona it would snow in flagstaff. We were driving up to 8,000ft that i…Flagstaff has a strong tourism sector, due to its proximity to Grand Canyon National Park, Oak Creek Canyon, and historic…
The countdown begins....
Ok so its 2 weeks from fly out day and I am trying to get e-ready! Setting up travel blogs and making sure they work etc, lol. Things have been a bit stressful until now, but I am feeling well organi…Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Sedona) -> Utah (Moab, Canyonlands, Arches NP) -> Kanab (Zion NP, Bryce Canyon) -> Las Vegas (woooo…

Check Flagstaff Hotel Deals