Grand Canyon National Park

Apache Street &Center Road, Grand Canyon, AZ, USA

Grand Canyon National Park Reviews

JessicaNyquistLA JessicaN…
A truly memorable experience Jan 01, 2015
I have visited The Grand Canyon on three different occasions with my family, and each time has been a truly amazing experience. It's one of those places that every person should visit at least once in their lives. The scenery is truly breathtaking to say the least. Looking out over the vast, massive, deep canyon is a sight one just has to experience to get the full effect. During one trip, we went when it was snowing a tiny bit which was a great treat. If you are ever in the area, The Grand Canyon is definitely a place you must visit. 5 stars
Africancrab Africanc…
One of the Seven Original Natural Wonders of the World Apr 02, 2012
The Grand Canyon is located withing the Grand Canyon National Park. One might wonder what the difference is, well the park itself is much larger than the Canyon and encompasses other attractions within. But the Canyon overwhelms you when you enter the park and everything else takes a back seat. Of course the reason it is named Grand Canyon is because a bigger portion of the park is occupied by this natural wonder.

Within the canyon is also 277 miles of river, the Colorado River. The park is an archaeological souk with over 4,300 resources recorded to date. It holds cultural and religious significance to the original inhabitants, the Native American Indians. Preservation of this ethnic heritage is part of the conservation programs carried out for the park.

The vegetation is alpine due to the altitude of the park. With over 5 million visitors annually, this park is one of the most visited parks in the United States. A source of great economic contribution to Arizona state.

Activities within the park include hiking up and down the Canyon, white water rafting on the Colorado River, Camping, aerial tours, walking tours, guided and self tours, Mule tours to mention but a few.

Visiting this park offers one a great experience of the Arizona landscape and the might of the Grand canyon and the Colorado river.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.
WalterC says:
Someday, I have to make a return trip there.
Posted on: May 07, 2012
rsvpme says:
Posted on: Apr 03, 2012
Glynnes says:
One of my favourite places to visit.
Posted on: Apr 02, 2012
yasuyo yasuyo
Grand Canyon Jul 23, 2012
It was my first experience to visit National Park in USA. I went there with the tour from Las Vegas by a Cessna.

I felt that I came to an another planet when I arrived there seeing red land,the endless succession of the viewing,I never been seen before!

Everyone said at that moment,"will change your outlook on life when you seen the Grand Canyon".

That was truth,it gave me something new view points of life,because I knew how short life I have.

Since that day,I became want to visit the National Park as much as I can. I would learn something from the nature!
rcpilgrim rcpilgrim
Unbelievable scenery May 21, 2012
Had a chance to raft down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon National Park for a week from Lee's Ferry to the lake. What a trip! Two billion years of geologic history are represented in the stratified layers of rock that make up the largest gorge on the planet. The scenery is spectacular from the rim and even better in the Canyon. If you're a rafter the river features several Class ten rapids including Crystal and Lava Falls. There are many trails and side canyons that can be explored as well as remains and rock carvings from native Indian tribes who inhabited the region and its caves. The entire park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a trip of a lifetime.
bigbencc bigbencc
wow! Feb 20, 2011
A memorable experience visiting here!!

Anybody who likes wild nature should see this at least once a lifetime.
roadwarden roadward…
Grand Canyon Apr 05, 2011
The Grand Canyone is one of the few places that took my breath away, literally.

I could not catch my breath. It is one of the few things that I would say is life changing.
travelmonster1 travelmo…
How amazing the simple life is Nov 07, 2010
Going to the Grand Canyon National Park was the best part of my holiday. If you are going there then I definitely recommend going in an RV! The price for the National Park ticket and the campground were reasonable but you get so much from them. Personally I love the rim trail along the Canyon's edge. I was there in summer and it wasn't too busy but the views were to die for. Not only do you get the 'Grand Canyon experience' but staying in the campground just tops it all off. I can't imagine anything better than to sit by a campfire, cooking steak and potatoes, whilst gazing at the stars in the sky. Above all, I think it is prefect for someone who loves taking photos. I have never taken so many photos on holiday before! So, If you're love an adventure, the outdoors and living things the simple way then Grand Canyon National Park is for you!
jeffy jeffy
Best attraction in North America Mar 14, 2009
The title says it all. This is the best and most spectacular place in all of North America, and it isn't even close. One could even argue that it is simply the greatest spectacle on Earth! Nothing approaches the scale, beauty, and geology of the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon ought to be the first stop on any visit to the USA.

Nothing else needs to be added to this review.
electricapples electric…
Grand Canyon Mar 08, 2009
The Grand Canyon is one of those "must see" sites of a lifetime. I had never been before, nor had my husband, so when we decided to drive to California, I suggested we stop by the Grand Canyon. We weren't disappointed. Getting there is's really not that far off I-40. And there are plenty of places to stop and shop or eat along that highway. It only costs $25(USD) per vehicle to get into the park, and that pass is good for 7 days. The canyon is huge, so there are many places you can see it from. There are tours that fly you over the canyon, or hike down it. You can also camp or stay in hotels along the canyon. You really can't appreciate it until you see it for yourself.
socialcharlotte socialch…
Grand vistas Jul 22, 2009
I dont seem to be able to get the ratings to work,it is highly recommended and cheap, to hike down the canyon. If you have diabetes you best bring a lot of water...
Nicole0801 Nicole08…
Amazing! Mar 09, 2009
Truly a sight to behold! I was amazed by the beauty, scale, and changeable weather. Moment to moment the atmosphere will bring snow, rain, sun, cool pockets of air, and a balmy breeze. I wanted to stay longer, enjoy the view and the wildlife which roam around the canyon. This is a must see!
South Rim photo
Wendy9334 says:
One day I will get there! Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Sep 05, 2009
X_Drive X_Drive
Absolutely and AMAZING site to see. May 15, 2008
I have yet to see or run across a description or review of the Grand Canyon that does not include the word “amazing”. Out in the middle of the Arizona desert the Colorado River has managed to cut and erode the rivers path into truly a wonderful sight to behold. And trying to find anyone over the age of ten who doesn’t think it is one of, if not the most spectacular things they have ever seen is impossible. Getting there requires a good drive from Flagstaff about an hour and a half (78 miles) and from Bullhead City, AZ about 3 hours (206 miles) or Las Vegas 4 and a half hours (275 miles).

There are tours that you can take down into the canyon and helicopter rides over the canyon. Many people even ride the river through sections of the canyon. Whether from the south rim, north rim, above in a helicopter or plane, or from down in the very bottom, I am sure you will agree that this really is an AMAZING place to be.
pinchora says:
congrats on the feature!
acowboy says:
Congrats on the feature... = )
Aditu says:
Congrats!! The pics are beautiful.
mwtlgray mwtlgray
The Great Grand Canyon! Feb 27, 2008
One of the most amazing places I have ever seen in my life. The sites are breathtaking. Well worth the drive. I would love to go back sometime. It is about a 45 minute drive north from Flagstaff. The drive to the Grand Canyon is even spectacular. We stopped along the way a couple times to take pictures before we even got there. What you pay for is parking, they have tours and helicopter rides. They even have a new area where you walk out on clear glass and see the canyon beneith you. We went before that but would love to go back again. It is also on the 1000 things to see before you die books.
jeffy says:
It really ought to be a in a book entitled "The 3 Things to See Before You Die"
Posted on: Apr 30, 2009
pearcetoyou says:
Congrats on the feature, Roger! The G.C. is an amazing place!!!
aarun aarun
Grand Canyon National Park Jul 04, 2008
We went to Grand Canyon National Park on 4th July. It was awesome.
bkretzer bkretzer
Awesome just starts to describe it! Jun 16, 2004
Writing a review on the Grand Canyon is to take a thesaurus and shake it upside down. The superlatives just keep coming and never seem to quit. Neither words nor pictures really do it justice. You have to see it, to get it. The view of the Grand Canyon inspires feelings of awe, serenity, and a bit of intimidation. You can not help but feeling a bit small when the canyon swallows the horizon.

There are now three access points to the Grand Canyon, north, south, and west. The South side is the most popular and has the most amenities. The North side is quieter and a bit more rugged. The West side is the home of the Skywalk, a clear platform that lets you walk out over the canyon and peer 4,000 feet down, between your own feet.

There is no shortage of companies and ways to help you enjoy the Grand Canyon. You can hike, take a mule, and even a helicopter to the bottom. There are air tours over the canyon offered in both fixed wing aircraft and helicopters. There are hotels, motels, and cabins in and near the park. A parks pass, sold at the entrances, is required to enter the National Park, after that everything else is optional. Trail use and the museums are free.

There are so many ways to experience the canyon, that unless you want to just drive in, see the canyon, and drive out, pre-planning is a good idea. But nothing beats either a sunrise or sunset as you sit and watch from the rim. Five stars and for my money, the greatest single attraction, natural or man made, in America.
The Grand Canyon

Compare Grand Canyon National Park Hotel Rates (3km away)

Grand Canyon National Park Map