Graeter's Ice Cream

2704 Erie Avenue, Cincinnati, OH, USA - (513) 321-6221

Graeter's Ice Cream Cincinnati Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Yummy Ice Cream! Jan 19, 2010
I had seen Graeter's Ice Cream featured on tv and knew if I ever made it to Cincinnati, I'd check it out. Graeter's has been a Cincinnati institution since 1870, making small batches of their creamy confections. Now, the fourth-generation of the Graeter family is running the business.

There are several locations in the Cincinnati area, the Reading Road store being the original. I was only a mile away from the Clifton location on Ludlow Avenue, so this is where I went. (They also have locations in Kentucky as well as the ice cream being sold in various locations such as Denver, Houston, and Dallas).

Graeter's makes a variety of ice creams, including chocolate, vanilla, butter pecan, and strawberry -- but what they are known for are their Signature Chips, flavors specifically their Black Raspberry Chip. I got a small scoop of this flavor. Now, raspberry is not my favor flavor, but I went ahead and got it BECAUSE it is their signature flavor, and I figured where else could I get black raspberry ice cream? I made a wise choice. The ice cream itself was really good -- nice and creamy smooth. It's hard to describe the taste: being black raspberry it wasn't sweet, but it was an intensely good flavor. And the chocolate chips, oh my goodness! I expected flecks of chocolate in the ice cream, maybe the size of average chocolate chips. But, no -- these were discs the size of quarters throughout. It wasn't milk chocolate, but not terribly rich dark chocolate (which I would have been okay with).

The restaurant itself wasn't overly busy, but it was January and I was there about four o'clock. This location does have ample seating, though, and I sat at the counter window, overlooking the street. And, they are pretty proud of their ice cream. My single scoop was $2.50.
vulindlela says:
Love this place, ESPECIALLY their black raspberry chip!
Posted on: Jan 20, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Graeter's Ice Cream

Havin' a 5-Way
I ended my trip to Cincinnati with a visit to Graeter's Ice Cream for dessert.  I got a small scoop of their signature flavor, Raspberry Chip and was delightfully surprised at how well I liked i…Cincinnati with a visit to Graeter's Ice Cream for dessert.  I got a small scoop of their signature…

Check Cincinnati Hotel Deals