Grace Restaurant

7360 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Grace Restaurant Los Angeles Reviews

Eric Eric
great food, great service Jul 02, 2008
Came here almost a year ago, but the thought still makes my mouth water. Unlike the Bay area, it seems hard to get a "gourmet" yet cheap meal in LA. You have to pay a lot, and even then there is no guarantee that the food will be good, or if it is just all hype (like many things in LA ;)

Fortunately, Grace Restaurant exceeded all my expectations. I had a delicious rabbit dish. I didn't even know what rabbit tasted like, and thought it would be tough, but it was tender, flavorful, and delicious. Also had a butternut squash soup for an appetizer and it was creamy and tasted like Fall. I almost felt like I was in Berkeley again ;)

The service was very good. I won't go into too much detail here, but they basically went above and beyond anything they had to do to make sure that a special dessert was secretly served at the end of the meal ;) I thought the service was so great that I even emailed the restaurant just to say thanks, something I have never done before. The co-owner emailed me back with her appreciation!

Setting is classy and modern, but still romantic.
sybil sybil
eh food Jun 26, 2008
The service was lovely at grace. the food, however, was mediocre at best. perhaps i am jaded. it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

we started off with the dungeness crab salad. normally, this was served as a part of the tasting menu. we asked if we could get it a la carte. apparently, we asked nicely because they did let us order it. the crab was fresh, good and not drenched in mayo. i think this was the best part of the meal.

i had the scallops, which was nicely seared over risotto. the risotto was a bit undercooked and not creamy enough for my taste. it was mixed in with goat cheese, which i liked. but overall, the risotto was not so good.

my friend had the berkshire pork chop. it was a huge serving. but then again, the fat cap was huge too -- looked like half of the entire thing. the meat was not as juicy or tender or flavorful as i would have liked it to be. but, at least it did not taste like leather.

again, the food was ok. but unfortunately, it was expensive for just ok food.
dungeness crab salad
scallops and goat cheese risotto
berkshire pork chop
Eric says:
sorry you didn't like it, i enjoyed it a lot when I went last year!
Posted on: Jul 02, 2008
lisa says:
aw! i'm sorry you had a blah meal.. i loved my meal there! =\
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008
martinikitty13 says:
Sorry it was underwhelming.
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008