Grace Hotel Istanbul

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals

Grace Hotel Istanbul Reviews

Amrisalem Amrisalem
Istanbul Down Town Feb 05, 2011
Spent a week in that hotel during my Istanbul visit, as that was in the year 2000 please expect some changes

I would never forget this hotel for number of reasons,

1- Istanbul is a lovely place

2- we ended up hanging out with the receptionists as a half English half Turk beautiful girl, and the other girl was a model on a summer job, by the way, we were 18 at that time and so are them.

3- Another thing that I would never forget was the RUDE guy at the reception, as we were in the lobby after a night out, one of the back office employees came out to shush us !!, as he realized that he has done a mistake he ran back to his office without apologizing, as if nothing has happened.

4- The room service lady who went in our room without knocking the door, SURPRISE :D

The Service

Very simple hotel, most of the employees do not speak good English or no English at all, so, speak slowly and in a very clear manner to avoid misunderstanding.

Do not expect much, just consider it as a place to sleep. No more

The Location:

Near Istiklal sq. a downtown prim location, also, a lot of night life spot in the area but be careful of pimps and thieves as a guy in our group got stolen in a disco. But there was a near by restaurant serving Turkish cuisine and they had a live band that would roam the restaurant entertaining each table for about 5min, very nice.

The Room:

it was OK, but I do not think that I would choose the same room again, It definitely needed some attention and repairs.

Dining:

There was a roof bar and restaurant, It was always empty, we did not find it as inviting.

Overl all experience was ok, but there are a lot of other cheap hotels in the area, so, I would recommend that you check them out before you make a booking

weblink: