Gozo Stables Horse-Riding

Triq Andar IX Xaghari, Qala, Malta
356 7906 4530
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - The beautiful Yogi
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - First horse riding lesson ever!!!
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - Shetland Pony back at the farm
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - First horse riding lesson ever!!!
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - Baby Donkey
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - Back at the farm
Gozo Stables Horse-Riding - Back at the farm

Gozo Stables Horse-Riding Qala Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Simply Amazing Aug 14, 2017
Just returned from a week long holiday on Gozo and the highlight of my trip has to be the horse riding experience with Gozo Stables. From my initial enquiry (complete novice, have never been on a horse apart from a pony ride as a child) prior to flying out to booking my horse ride, communication from Joe was swift, detailed and extremely helpful.

On the morning of the ride I was kindly picked up from my hotel by his lovely wife (Benna) and taken to the stables in the village of Qala. Upon arrival I was greeted by the family dogs and a beautiful baby donkey – the farm is a delight with chickens, geese, piglets all roaming around freely. You can see that the horses and in deed all animals are well cared for.

I was taken inside the stables to be kitted out with a riding helmet and then chatted to one of the stable girls whilst waiting the arrival of Joe. Joe is a really friendly guy, he confirmed my riding experience (or lack of it) and then selected the most suitable horse for me to take out – the delightful Yogi.

Once in the saddle I was led out for a one hour ride around the Qala countryside. Joe was a wonderful guide and really put me at my ease about riding. He pointed out various places of interest along our route, which was both along the coastline and some slighty more off road terrain. The scenery was breathtaking. Additionally Joe quite happily took numerous pictures on my mobile phone to capture my first riding experience. Yogi was the perfect horse, very calm and placid.

On my return to the farm I was offered cold water and the opportunity to meet more of the horses in the stables before being dropped off back at my hotel.

This is an incredible experience run by a genuine Gozitan family and very reasonably priced at 18€ for the hour. Horseback is truly the best way to see the Gozo countryside/scenery and it's so peaceful too.

I can’t recommend this experience enough, Joe will accommodate complete beginners to experienced riders. I’ve already told Joe that on my return to Gozo next summer I’m booking the sunrise ride – can’t wait.

Thank you so much Joe & Benna for making my first horse riding experience a truly memorable one =)
Baby Donkey
starship1 says:
Nice review -- congratulations on having chosen as the review of the day.
planxty says:
Congratulations on your featured review which is very well deserved as it is extremely detailed and helpful. I was in Malta a few years ago but never made it to Gozo regrettably. I'd love to follow your advice except for one thing - horses scare the life out of me!
AdamR3723 says: