Governor's Island.

Governors Island National Monument 10 South Street - Slip 7 New York, New York, NY, USA
Governor's Island. - @ Figment sculpture garden
Governor's Island. - Mark Di Suvero Sculptures at Picnic Area
Governor's Island. - Drive me to 1920's
Governor's Island. - Ready to go Dancing
Governor's Island. - old house in the island.. it kind of reminds me that house from Forrest Gump :)
Governor's Island. - Transported back to the 1920's :)
Governor's Island. - Michael Arenella and the Dreamland Orchestra present the Jazz Age Dance

Governor's Island. New York Reviews

nylor nylor
Feels like the 1920's in Governor's Island Jun 26, 2011
Today I find myself in the company of "characters" I felt like came from that Woody Allen movie "Midnight in Paris". I felt so left out in my shorts and tshirt while almost everyone around me was wearing something that could have come from that movie's set!. I was interested to know where these people were going.. so I followed them all the way to South Ferry station. :) It was then I learned that most of them were going to a Jazz Party in Governor's Island. I decided to join the pack despite my lack of costume. Almost instantly I like the island, it does not have the pace of Manhattan or the noise. It was so relaxing that I spent all afternoon there. I listened to Michael Arenella & His Dreamland Orchestra played Jazz music while everyone danced. It felt great watching them. The band was great I felt like I had my "Owen Wilson" moment right there. It felt 1920's (whatever that is) It sure felt like a different time there. :) I could have sworn some of the men looked like F. Scott Fitzgerald, some Ernest Hemingway...I was desperate to find a Dali impersonator but could not find one in the big crowd.

I decided to roam around the island and see some exhibits hosted there for a day. I was impressed by the different interactive sculptures scattered around the island. I love the picnic area. It's great for small gathering of friends or families. I enjoyed sitting in the red benches while admiring the view of Manhattan and Liberty Island. Food and beverages are not ubiquitous in the island but surely you will not be hungry, food carts are stationed nearby, the Pyramid coffee house and ample of space to lay down your picnic blanket and just pass the time. It was a great afternoon. I would definitely come back and bring some friends and bike around the island.
Transported back to the 1920's :)
Mark Di Suvero Sculptures at Picni…
Drive me to 1920's
Ready to go Dancing

Related Travel Blogs About Governor's Island.

Gateway National Recreation Area - Sandy Hook
New Jersey is en blijft een aparte staat. Met zijn 22.608 km² is de staat in de VS de 47e staat qua grootte, dat is net iets meer dan de helft van Nederland. Als enige staat in de US is het bij wet …Governors Island , Liberty Island en Ellis Island behoren er ook toe. Samen met nog vele lapjes elders rondom New York
A more extensive visit to the Kröller-Müller Museum
In June last year I reported about a visit to the Kröller-Müller Museum in Hoge Veluwe National Park, (see here). At that time there was only time for a very brief and rushed visit. I …New York was immediately seen. Just behind Monsieur Jaques stands Mark di Suvero 's K- Piece . It had only been three weeks ago that I visited Governors Island
Storm King Art Center
Except for my parents visiting I now also have my brother visiting. Many people in a small apartment is a bit narrow so an outside activity is a good choice. Especially as the weather is, once more, …New York City's Governors Island , see here . One of the most remarkable sculptures in the park is  Three…

Check New York Hotel Deals