Goshogake Onsen

Check Kazuno Hotel Deals

Goshogake Onsen Kazuno Reviews

Lotus28 Lotus28
Feel the power of volcano Feb 10, 2012
*Goshogake Onsen has both ryokan type of accommodation and hostels for those who are staying for rehabilitation.

I only stayed at hostel (private room, they have dorms too.) so please note that this review is only about hostels.

*The main substance of this hotspring is sulpher and it's very good for rehabilitation after injury, neuralgia, rheumatism, and many people come here to heal those symptom (this way of medication is called "toji" in Japanese). Those people sometimes stay here for months so that the hotspring could help their recovery. Hostels are mainly for them to stay there cheaply, but you can also stay there even you are not on rehabilitation.

* We were provided just a vacant room with natural "ondol", floor heating. Surprisingly, the floor itself was quite warm from the volcano heat. This heat is very good for healing stiff shoulders, back, and of course those symptoms. It was really snowy but it was too hot to sleep so I and friend kept the window open when we were sleeping.

If you need any utility including mat to sleep on, you can rent them at the front upon additional payment. (Most "toji" guests bring their own stuff from home to keep themselves at home.)

* The food wasn't included but there was a canteen and you can also have dinner and lunch there upon additional payment.

And also they have big kitchen and you can cook if you bring food. If you ask 1 day prior at the front, they also prepare some fresh grocery for you. There was a shop in the facility and you can buy some snack, soft drink and alcohol.

* The good thing about this place is of course the bath! I was really amazed because my body was kept really warm from top of my head to toes after taking a bath for 30mins.

And my bad stiff shoulders were pretty much easier!

There were several kinds of bathes such as outdoor bath, sauna, indoor bath, mud bath. If you visit there, definitely try mud bath. It contains natural sulphur and it cleans your skin. My color of skin got brighter and it got smoother after having this mud on my face and body:-)

* This place is located really remote from the city.

Take Iwate Ginga Tetsudo (IGR) from Morioka station, and get off at Kazuno-Hanawa station. It would take about 1 hour to get there. Then you need to take a bus from Kazuno Hanawa station to Goshogake Onsen. But from November till April, the road will be closed so you can only get from Kazuno Hanawa to Shibari Onsen by bus during that season, but if you book in prior, a car will pick you up from Shibari Onsen to Goshogake. It will take about 1-2hours from Kazuno Hanawa.

** This place is not really for an usual accommodation. I highly recommend you to stay there for a night for great "Toji" experience! It's not so easy to get there but I would definitely come back sometime when my body feels soar and need rest :-)
westwind57 says:
Thanks, for me it may still take a while before i can go to Japan. But I think I can make a friend happy with your information. She has been not well for some time, and has been wanting to go to Japan for this already long time. I will keep following your updates. Have a great weekend, Nobuko! :)
Lotus28 says:
Yeah I have never had more powerful hotspring than this! I gotta find some pics of this onsen from my old computer...
Chokk says:
Sounds like a great place to heal yourself Nobuko - take care my friend. Glad your shoulder are better :D

Check Kazuno Hotel Deals