Goose Island Brewery Tour

312-915-0071

Goose Island Brewery Tour Chicago Reviews

bknyc450 bknyc450
Goose Island Brewery makes me hoppy Aug 17, 2009
Got 5 dollars? Going to be in the Chicago area and like things like beer and tours…? Then you might enjoy the Goose Island Brewery tour. This tour lasts about an hour and a half with the majority of the time being devoted an introduction to the brewery, and a beer tasting following your brewery visit. The actual visit inside the brewery is a little anti-climatic. It’s quite small and not really all that much to look at. The information provided on the tour is fairly general, but I did learn some facts that I didn’t know. For instance,…Lincoln Park was not always the trendy, hipster neighborhood it is now, but at one time was occupied by a variety of marginalized groups like the Irish who some people referred to as the “great unwashed”. Also…you’ll get to smell and touch sample ingredients like barley and hops, and if you’re like me..you’ll get to learn what the heck a hop is in the first place.

Our tour guide was a bit of a fast talker, and I think most people pretty much tuned him out once we returned to the seating area for the tasting portion of our tour., which brings us to the real reason most people attend this tour. At the conclusion of your tour, you get to sample six different kinds of beer, and you get a souvenir glass! If you’re not too busy trying to see just how much free beer you can drink during the short tasting period, your tour guide will offer you information on the history of each beer, how it was made, and what type of food goes best with it. Out of the six beers on our tasting menu, five of them were types that I had never tried and they were all delicious! Overall, it was not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. ..Some things to note: 1.)You need to call and reserve your spot on the brewery tour about two weeks in advance 2.) The brewery is located near public transportation, so no need to worry about parking or designated drivers . 3.) They alternate which brewer leads the tour and, each tour features a different tasting selection and a different type of souvenir glass. You can do this tour unlimited times until you run out of five dollar bills, and each time your experience will be different!
Beer fed Pork! Delicious!
Inside the brewery
Our tourguide gesturing
More gesturing. Nice hat :)

Check Chicago Hotel Deals