Goodstay December Hotel

Goodstay December Hotel Rates and Deals

Goodstay December Hotel Jeju Reviews

gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Basic hotel with good location but brick hard bed Jul 29, 2012
My wife and I stayed at December hotel in July 2012. We booked the hotel online on Agoda and we had to pay 170 USD for the room for three nights. When we booked the hotel we were not familiar with the island so we didn’t really know where to stay but we decided to stay near Jeju-si as it seemed central. Taxi from the airport to the hotel only takes 5-10 minutes and it was about 3000 W.

Check in was fast and we got room 305. The guy who checked us in was not very fluent in English but he managed to explain the basics of our stay and to explain the remote control (as this controls TV, aircon and light). When we got out of the lift on the third floor we became a bit skeptical as the carpet seemed stained or really dirty. But the room was far nicer than expected. When we entered the room there was a tiny room to leave your shoes and to put on the slippers – one door leads into the bathroom and one into the main room.

The main room contained a bed, two big chairs, a table, a small fridge with two bottles of water (complimentary each day), a desk and a TV. Let’s start with the king size bed: it was brick hard and not the way I like it! And to make it even more challenging the pillows were huge and also very firm! I don’t think I have ever tossed and turned that much during sleep as I did at this hotel.

The remote control gives you access to control the TV, air con and light. There were some problem with the light and the guy in the reception tried to explain it to us and we did manage to turn of the light but we did experience that it came on automatically a couple of times. The air con was OK but it was a bit tricky to get the right temperature at night and it became pretty freezing at night. And we only got a thin sheet at a duvet for the bed – I like it better when the blankets are covered up by a sheet. The TV contained a lot of Korean channels and only a few English ones. There were not that many amenities in the room but there was a water boiler and some bottles. One was with a gel called Exciter Superhard – with a lot of Korean signs on the back. I thought it was hand sanitizer gel to start with but in the end I think I came to the conclusion that it was hair gel!

The bathroom was actually quite nice with light tiles and a decent shower. The only “problem” was that the drain was in the middle of the room so when taking a shower it would get kind of wet in the room. There was also a drain for the air con and that would leak water all the time on to the floor and it is kinda annoying with a wet bathroom floor. But I guess that is why you have bathroom slippers. The decorations in the bathroom were also a bit cheesy (with decorations on the toilet seat) but maybe that is common practice in Korea? Bathroom amenities included dispensers for shampoo and body wash.

The location of the hotel is very good – when we walked out of the hotel we could walk to places like FamilyMart and GS25 (places like 7Eleven) within seconds and nearby there are lots and lots of restaurants and bars. It is close to the airport and a taxi to Jeju-si bus station is about 4000 W in a taxi. If the taxi driver doesn’t know where the hotel is, ask him to take you to Grace Hotel – it is just around the corner.

The lobby has a selection of pamphlets for the main attractions of Jeju. The hotel also has free wifi which seems to work well. Note that there is not safe in the room so we just used a suitcase to lock up our valuables.

Conclusion

The bed and pillow was brick hard to I had a hard time getting decent sleep in this hotel. But it is cheap and the location is good. So if you can handle the bed it is not a bad place to start exploring the island of Jeju. But as the island is bigger than you think I would advise you to get a hotel on the different parts of the islands if you want to explore it in an effective way.
The hard bed
Chairs and table
TV and desk
Fridge

Goodstay December Hotel Overview

With its central location, Goodstay December Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Jeju-do. The hotel has a total of 35 well-appointed rooms designed with the guests' comfort in mind. All of the guestrooms are replete with television, bathtub, air conditioning. Guests staying at this Jeju-do accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as elevator, Wi-Fi in public areas. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Jeju-do. To book a room easily at the Goodstay December Hotel, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Goodstay December Hotel Amenities

• Bath / Hot Tub
  • Coffee / Tea Maker
  • Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes