Good types of Drinks Of Culture around the World

111

Good types of Drinks Of Culture around the World Reviews

world-traveller123 world-tr…
Inka Cola - A Peru Soda May 24, 2009
Inca Kola or spelled like Inca Cola is a soft drink in Peru that has a sweet fruity flavor sometimes compared to bubblegum.

Or so they say. I found it tasted like a light Mountain Dew. The maker is 60% owned by The Coca-Cola Company. Inca Kola is exported to parts of South America, and while it has not enjoyed major success elsewhere, it can be found in Latin American specialty shops worldwide.

Inca Kola is yellowish-gold in color, and sold in glass and plastic bottles of various sizes and cans of the same color with an Inca motif. Inca Kola is sold in supermarkets in the United States in 2 liter bottles, cans, and individual bottles.

On January 22, 2009, Inca Kola partnered with D'Onofrio, an iconic Peruvian ice cream brand owned by Nestlé, to launch an Inca Kola flavored popsicle.

I tried Inca Cola while I was in Peru in City of Lima first time of April 2009.

I was in love the first sip I had it. It was very refreshing and I wish i could take a whole case with me back to Canada.

It did not quite taste like bubble gum but more like a light Mountain Dew. I read reviews on the internet of people saying it tastes like Pepto Bismo, but that would be harsh.

It is a good drink to have with by itself or with sea food or something salty.

Overall If your in Peru, Don't be shy, give it a try.
Inca Cola
aotw says:
I like it, prefer it to Coca-Cola ;)
Posted on: Jul 04, 2009