Good Guide in Muang Sing

Muang Sing, Laos

Good Guide in Muang Sing Reviews

trekkearl trekkearl
Good Guide in Muang Sing Mar 02, 2013
This review is a little late as I have been and come back to Laos for more than a month now. However, I was so happy with my hiking guide in Muang Sing and I promised him that I would promote him in the internet.

A friend and I booked a 2-day hike at Phou Lu travel in Luang Namtha that would start near Muang Sing and end in one of the villages in the area. It included a homestay in a Yao village in Sai Lek.

From the start, Som had been very kind and helpful. During the hike, he would point out interesting plants and would occassionally stop and point out a bird or look at animal tracks. He always made sure we were okay.

He speaks very good English and told us a lot of stories about his people, the H'mong.

He also took the extra effort to accommodate my request to interact with H'mong musicians and see their instruments. Back at Muang Sing town, he even took me to his own nearvy village to introduce me to another musician.

I was really pleased with him as having such a knowleadgeable and friendly guide made my trip even more fascinating.

Som works as guide in Phou Lu travel which has offices in Laung Namtha town and Muang Sing.

Check Muang Sing Hotel Deals