Good Choice

903 W. Valley Blvd., Alhambra, CA, USA

Good Choice Alhambra Reviews

wlit wlit
May 14, 2006
This place is fantastic! It serves Shanghai and Szechwan food (nevermind that they don't know how to spell Szechwan). Shanghai food means that the food is really sweet, but not in an artificial sugar kind of way. The Szechwan side of it means that the food can also be really spicy (but most dishes can also be made mild). This makes for an interesting mix. I usually don't really care much about food, but this place is by far the best restaurant I've ever been to. The food is great, and the service is actually pretty good too.

They opened about a year ago and had this sale on xiao long bao, which is probably what they're best known for. Anyway, the sale did so well, that they just kept it there and the deal is ridiculously good. I don't remember the exact numbers, but by far it was the best price I've ever paid for good xiao long bao.
wlit says:
It's a dumpling with soup in it. They're actually really good, and way better than normal dumplings. 2 things to remember about xiao long bao though. First is that since the skin is kind of doughy, you want to make sure that when you pick it up, you don't pierce the skin and let all the soup drip out. Second is that the soup is really really hot. So this makes eating the xiao long bao a tricky matter. I prefer to eat them from the top bottom, because any other direction, and the soup inevitably drips onto my plate or spills on me and I end up crying like a baby in pain and threating to sue like the McDonald's hot coffee case.
Posted on: May 14, 2006