Gondola Ride @ The Venetian Hotel

(702) 414-4500

Gondola Ride @ The Venetian Hotel Las Vegas Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Exciting & Musical May 13, 2013
For $18 per person, you can enjoy a gondola ride at the Venetian Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Even though I have actually gone on the real gondola in Venice, Italy, I was excited to take my daughter and husband seeing as we were spending a night in Vegas.

The inside of the Venetian Hotel and Casino is dramatic, artistic and exciting. The water way on which the gondola rides runs through the back of the hotel, and there is an out door one as well. We went on the indoor ride and our guide was the employee of the month. I could tell at the end of the ride why he was. Charming young and full of energy, he took us along the course and asked if we would like him to sing us a song. The acoustics are magnificent.

He had a beautiful and powerful voice, he sung Andrea Bocelli's Conte Patiro, Amore and a third song I did not recognize but just as charming. The ride emulates the Venetian gondola and the bridges of Venice. Just before take off, a photographer takes a photo which you can purchase at the end of the ride if you like.

I guess it is a great way to say you went on a gondola ride without having to spend the thousands of dollars it would cost to fly to Venice.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today
bkretzer bkretzer
Great for Valentines Day or special occasion! Apr 17, 2008
Two things you should know about the Gondola rides at The Venetian. They are short and they aren’t a very good value. (There is little on the strip that is!) After that, they are very well done. You have your choice between an outdoor ride or an indoor ride. The outdoor ride is more expensive, and I remember it as being shorter than the indoor one. The indoor ride is less convenient, as you have to walk well back into the hotel/casino to get to it.

Once you board your gondola a genuinely talented gondolier will serenade you with a song or two, as he paddles you through the water way. The trip on the outside lasted somewhere around 10 minutes. I remember the inside one being a bit longer, but probably not much longer. On a trip this short and with at least one song, you would think that it couldn’t get boring. But, it kinda does. There isn’t anything to see that you wouldn’t see without the trip, except the underside of a bridge or two.

The cost for the inside trip is $12.50 per person. The outside ride is $15.00. Each gondola seats four, so you will be asked if you “mind” sharing your ride with another couple. Unless you “mind” paying double the price, answer “No, we don’t mind”. If they are slow, you are likely to get a gondola to yourself anyway.

I haven’t liste a lot of positives, but they definitely exist. It is a unique boat ride. They create a good atmosphere, with the architecture and costumes. And, it is romantic. The gondoliers are chosen for their singing voice and people skills. The songs, at least all I have heard, are in Italian, adding to the ambience.

You I do it again? Well, I’ve done it twice, once inside and once outside. I might do it again, but only for a special occasion.
favored63 says:
I love this review. Am heading back to Vegas in September for a birthday. I must try the Gondola. I have never done it before. Thanks.
Posted on: May 28, 2013
jennjeff1 says:
Jenny and I did the indoor gondola at the Venitian back in January 2002. The real gondola ride in Venice back in September 1994 was much better, especially during carnival when they paint the gondolas different colors--the only day of the year they can legally paint them anything other than black! Still, the experience in Vegas is still worth the price, just to remember the experience of the real thing without having to go all the way back to Italy! ~Jeff
Posted on: Apr 28, 2008
the_bloodsucker says:
nice one, bill! what a great idea for a date. ;-)
Posted on: Apr 27, 2008
mellemel8 mellemel8
Jul 02, 2007
i did this last year, it was fun. i did the indoor and outdoor.

The indoor gondolas make their way through the Grand Canal Shoppes, beneath bridges and below the quaint shops and cafés that line the canal running through the Grand Canal Shoppes.

The half-mile ride lasts about 14 minutes and is a great way to get a unique view of the shops. Surrounded by a ceiling emulating blue sky as well as architecture inspired by Venice landmarks, a gondola trip down the Grand Canal delivers a unique Vegas experience.

Outdoor gondolas take the authenticity of the Venetian gondola ride one step further. Although two minutes shorter at 12 minutes long, the views afforded on the outdoor version more than make up for the shorter ride.

Hours of operation: Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. - midnight. Tickets for the indoor gondola ride go on sale at 9 a.m.

Cost: Indoor Gondola Ride: $15 for adults, $7.50 for children 12 and younger. Private gondolas are available for $60. Outdoor Gondola Ride:$12.50 for adults, $7.50 for children 12 and under. Private gondolas are available for $50.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals