Golf de Sperone, France
04 95 73 17 13

Golf de Sperone Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Stunning course and views Jul 17, 2009
I had the good fortune to play two days in a row on Golf de Sperone which often is dubbed the ‘Pebble Beach of Europe'. I haven’t played that many courses around the world but I have to say that Sperone is golf at its most spectacular.

The second day we played there the wind was so heavy that many of the locals didn’t want to go out, but since we had come all the way from Belgium not even a snowstorm would been able to hold us back.

The cliff-tops of Bonifacio play host to the stunning golf course which was formulated by the American architect Robert Trent Jones Sr. and could not have been blessed with a more beautiful blank canvas, overlooking the enchanting azures of the Mediterranean, and he certainly made full use of its character. I was at many points taken by the fabulous blue colours of the water so that I almost forgot that I was playing golf.

Though the course is not particularly long, only 6,500 yards, the Sperone course traverses great changes in undulation, and challenges the both skill and bravery in equal parts.

The most famous stretch runs from 12 to 16, which has been compared favourably with the finest that California's Monterrey Peninsula has to offer. The views are as spectacular as they come, adding to the Sperone experience, which is an once-in-a-lifetime golfing masterstroke.

If you like golf and you hang around in this part of the world do you a favour and spend some hours here.

Related Travel Blogs About Golf de Sperone

Golf de Sperone day II - and the wind was strong!
I got up very early for being on holiday; 6.30 grabbed a shower and got down to the breakfast table outside on the promenade. I was clearly the first one, the tables were not sat yet but the young gu…Golf de Sperone looking at the waves on the sea; they were at least 15 meters long…
Playing golf at the Golf de Sperone course
I had looked forward to Sperone for some time and I was happy to be there. We were at the Golf de Sperone a couple of hours before we had our tee off and we had only been able to get the flight as of…Sperone for some time and I was happy to be there. We were at the Golf de Sperone

Compare Bonifacio Hotel Rates (5.2km away)

Golf de Sperone Map