Iran

Golestan Palace Reviews

mewall21 mewall21
One of the most impressive I've seen Oct 23, 2014
Visiting the Golestan Palace was breathtaking. The grounds are like an oasis in the midst of Tehran, a large busy capital city.

Unfortunately, the main mansion of the palace prohibited picture taking however the best way to describe it is absolutely opulent. The palace was filled with priceless gifts from all around the world including, mirrors, clocks, chairs, lamps etc.

Other buildings within the palace grounds were also beautiful. It included an art gallery with stunning photos of Shah throughout history.
mewall21 says:
Yes, I can agree that my experience was exceedingly positive. I expected that Persian hospitality was going to be impressive, however, I was still blown away. So many people going out of their way to welcome me and let me know that I am safe and that they harbour no negative feelings to 'the West'. And, for me in particular, many people were thrilled to see and meet someone with my skin colour and background. They are immensely proud of their history and culture. It was a pleasure for me to engage in conversation with the people I met. I intend to visit again one day as there is much more to see and learn.
Posted on: Oct 24, 2014
westwind57 says:
In contrast with all the political stuff, almost every travel experience about Iran that I have read has been very positive. Maybe this also has to do with the fact that the people are proud of their country and heritage. Anyway, it makes me very interested to go there some day :)
Posted on: Oct 23, 2014
ia_catia ia_catia
The place I have lived in Jun 29, 2010
I have lived in Tehran district named Ekbatan. It was built before revolution there by French architecture. Buildings are very stable and earthquake resistant. This place is very green in summer. Unfortunately when I arrive to Iran the temperature was -19oC and were snowing.

-----

The most amazing is the people :) Everybody is so sincere and they love foreigners very much, I have visited new people houses, even a few times in a day. When people invite you to their house their show great respect to you.

-----

There is dry law currently in Iran, that's why u can't find any night club or disco, it's also forbidden. Girls and boys are very very beautiful. Girls make very hard make up because it's only way to make them more attractive in Muslim clothes. Anyway I think they are very beautiful without any make-up.

-----

The best time visit Tehran is March-February. Weather becomes more warm but not hot yet. And at that time they have main holiday for Iranian people - Nou Ruz. That means New Year (Persian).

-----

When I went shopping I was wondered that women can't try clothes in the butique. That's rule. But 1 shop owner made an exclusion for me as foreigner :PP

-----

Everybody thoughts that I'm German when heared my Russian speaking.;)

-----

AAAAAAAAhhh.. So bad that I haven't piced the buses with separated sections for women and men. It was very strange.. Men use first bus dorr, women the last one, but couples can use middle door and stay in bus together..:)

-----
The Mourning of Muharram is an imp…
Yes.. It's is mourning but people …
Every woman should wear scarf and …
Azadi square - Freedom square - as…
powderfan says:
I can't wait to go to Iran someday.
kerisina says:
Nice Review ! Think is the first time I read something about Theran at this website ! Interesting place to visit
Cheers