Golden Tulip Leiden Centre

Golden Tulip Leiden Centre Rates and Deals

Golden Tulip Leiden Centre Reviews

planxty planxty
Standard business hotel but perfectly acceptable. Apr 04, 2017
When I eventually arrived in Leiden I asked the very helpful security guys at the train station for directions to the Golden Tulip hotel where I was going to be staying. My friend had told me that it was very close and only a few minutes walk and this turned out to be the case. Even with my admittedly fairly light luggage I walked it in a leisurely fashion in less than five minutes.

On entering, I was "challenged" very politely by the young man on the front desk as to what my business was there. This neither surprises nor offends me. I am by nature a fairly scruffy looking brute complete with long grey hair, unkempt beard, earring and so on and wearing what could best be described as "distressed" denims. I was actually quite reassured to find theat they were keeping a "weather eye" on the comings and goings through the foyer. I explained why I was there and he 'phoned my friends room to inform me that she was not there which I knew already but I suppose it is just a procedure he is expected to go through.

On request, he directed to the bar where I was served by a very polite young man who, almost inevitably, spoke flawless English. Shortly thereafter, my friend arrived so we had a quick drink before going to deposit our kit in the room.

The room was of a good size and boasted a good sized double bed which turned out to be very comfortable. There was also a flat screen TV which had various satellite channels including several in English like the BBC News and so on. It also had the Food Channel which was a great bonus for me as I can watch cookery programmmes all day.

There was a separate toilet and walk in shower which provided piping hot water at a very good pressure all day and the place was very comfortable and tidy. My friend informed me that it was very much a business hotel and it certainly had that feel about it. I believe it is much frequented by business people with dealings at the nearby Heineken brewery. To this end, there is a good, fast wifi connection throughout the building.

The room had tea and coffee making facilities which you would expect in a place like this but for some perverse reason there was not milk provided. There was also a fridge but no minibar facilities, it is a case of bring your own. There is also a fairly comprehensive room service selection from the in-house Rubens restaurant which appeared to be pleasantly appointed and consistently empty.

Golden Tulip is just a standard business hotel which could be anywhere in the world but it is well-enough run, comfortable and there is certainly nothing to complain about here.
Toonsarah says:
I have a very vague memory that we stayed in a Golden Tulip once - possibly here even!
Posted on: Apr 09, 2017
planxty says:
Hello again mate,

as far as I can recall I haven't stayed in a Golden Tulip before but it was perfectly fine.
Posted on: Apr 09, 2017
vances says:
I know Golden Tulip is a chain, but the only one I ever stayed at was in Oman...and it was anything but a business hotel (not even certain there were any businesses in the wee village, lol)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2017

Golden Tulip Leiden Centre Overview

The Golden Tulip Leiden Centre offers tennis courts, a tour desk and a golf course as well as a 24 hour reception, a sauna and conference room(s).

The Golden Tulip Leiden Centre caters for families with children offering babysitting / child services and a playground. Other facilities available include a concierge, meeting rooms and a business centre. Enjoy connection with the hotel's standard Wi-Fi access available, for more information speak to the front desk. For fishing enthusiasts, the hotel is located close to popular fishing spots.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Golden Tulip Leiden Centre offers sizeable rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. As standard all rooms are air conditioned and also feature cable / satellite channels and a TV. Prospective guests have the option of requesting a non-smoking room. Equipped to make your stay comfortable, rooms have a safe, a mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities.

Golden Tulip Leiden Centre Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower