Golden Temple Villa

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals

Golden Temple Villa Siem Reap Reviews

adrianaaaron adrianaa…
Good location and Lots of Complimentary Services Jun 05, 2014
After a luxurious night at Tara Angkor Hotel, my friend and I decided to spend our last 2 nights in a budget yet attractive-looking guesthouse in Siem Reap. The thing about online reviews is that they are sometimes very contradicting - and you shouldn't put your hopes too high based on other people's recommendations - because sometimes they turn out to be a huge disappointment. Well, not for the Golden Temple Villa. I was pretty satisfied with the service and what others said about it online are all true after all!

So we checked in at the front desk and the staff said they will help send our bags to our room. At the mean time, we were invited to their restaurant to have a quick welcoming beverage, which was a complimentary bowl of salted peanuts. The beverage was actually really good. We settled down there for at least 30 minutes! We were also told that we will be getting a complimentary 1-hour Khmer full body massage. We booked a slot for ourselves and enjoyed our free massage at about 7pm. Too bad there was no spa music turned on that night. In fact, it was the same scenario in most of the spas and massage centres which I visited in Siem Reap. Perhaps they should consider turning on some relaxing music for their guests.

We got ourselves a standard twin room for 2 nights - and it cost us about USD48 (including taxes and fees). There is a safety box in case we need to keep our belongings, a small bathtub, power ports, cupboard, table, air-conditioning, fan, and a mini fridge that stores 2 complimentary water bottles.

Staff are very friendly and they would greet you whenever they see you - it doesn't matter if you were to hangout at the balcony or even hang out at the restaurant, one of them would definitely say Hi to you! Foods served are excellent too. I enjoyed my appetizer, main course and dessert. The prices are affordable too. By the way, all guests are welcomed to enjoy free coffee and tea at any time of the day.

Although we experienced electricity breakdown on Sunday morning, it didn't really bother us as we just got up from our beds when we noticed the problem. Thank goodness! The other problem that I faced was the fact that their water heater didn't seem to work very well. I love to take a hot bath in the morning. I noticed that even though I waited for about 5 minutes, the water failed to warm up. I had to take a cold bath in the morning during my stay here. I had the same problem at one of the hotels in Battambang too. It was not so bad. It didn't bother me that much. We were actually more annoyed by the room door. It was quite difficult to lock and unlock. The first thing I saw on the door was "Close your door quietly", which was indirectly telling me to keep it down or I will wake my neighbours up. Locking and unlocking the door quietly was rather difficult for us actually. I wonder if the room doors in this guesthouse are all like ours. We didn't make a big fuss out of that, so we didn't complain at all. One final reminder, if you happen to get the room at the corner, you might have a problem with the noises that come from outside your room. Most visitors would leave their rooms in the morning. This shouldn't be a problem for early birds.

As we were leaving the guesthouse, the receptionist asked us to take photos with her and all the staff. She promised to send us the pictures via email. That's nice! The management also gave us a handmade Khmer scarf as a token of appreciation for staying with them. We thought that was really thoughtful of them. We also ordered ourselves the guesthouse's welcoming drink. It only cost us USD2 for the whole set.

Overall, I was satisfied with the service. I would come back! I just hope that when my review is read by the management, they can do something about the room door and water heater.
Restaurant
Welcoming drink
Entrance to the restaurant
Where guests can chill out

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals